Deputies Arrest Associate of Homicide Suspect Zach Harrison; Harrison Escapes into ‘Heavily Wooded Area’
This is a press release from the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office:
In the afternoon of April 4, 2018, sheriff’s deputies investigating the whereabouts of Harrison in the Rancho Sequoia area made contact with 30-year-old Chadwick Leland Allender, a known associate of Harrison. Allender was arrested on a felony warrant out of Trinity County for failure to appear in court. While taking Allender into custody, deputies observed Harrison nearby. Deputies attempted to make contact with Harrison, who then fled into a heavily wooded area.
K9 officers with the Eureka and Fortuna Police Departments responded to assist deputies in the search. Law enforcement searched throughout the night, but were unable to locate Harrison.
Sheriff’s deputies remain in the area, with more resources en-route to continue searching today. In the coming week, the Sheriff’s Office will be reaching out to federal partners for assistance in apprehending Harrison.
The Sheriff’s Office would like to thank the community of Alderpoint for their patience and assistance providing numerous tips as to the whereabouts of Harrison. Rancho Sequoia residents are asked to take caution as Harrison remains on the run in the area.
Anyone with information regarding Harrison’s whereabouts is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.
- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Deputies Search for Murder Suspect
- Victim Named in This Weekend’s Alderpoint Homicide
- Helicopter and K-9 With Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office in Alderpoint Looking for Homicide Suspect
- Robert Holtsclaw: In Memoriam of This Weekend’s Shooting Victim
- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Once Again Scoured the Area Near Alderpoint Looking for the Suspect in Last Weekend’s Fatal Shooting
- SoHum Man Sought in Shooting Death Believed to Be Armed and Dangerous
- A Reminder: Humboldt County Sheriff’s Department Still Seeking Suspect in Alderpoint Homicide
- After Being Spotted in Miranda, Murder Suspect, Zach Harrison Fled Into the Brush off Elk Creek Road; Residents Warned With Reverse 911
- Zach Harrison, Murder Suspect, Jumped in Eel River; Helicopter and Plane Brought in to Search
- Suspected Murderer Zach Harrison Still on the Loose; Netflix Film Crew in the Area Trying to Capture the Incident
- After Last Week’s Search for Suspected Murderer, Zach Harrison, in Alderpoint, Sheriff’s Office Warns That Harboring a Fugitive Is a Felony
- Sheriff’s Department Arrests Three Associates of Fugitive Murder Suspect, Zach Harrison
- Law Enforcement Continues to Comb the Alderpoint Area Searching for Murder Suspect Zach Harrison
- As Law Enforcement Swept Alderpoint Area, One Woman Arrested and One Man ‘Footbailed’
- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Deputies Chasing Zach Harrison in the Rancho Sequoia Area