(Update: 5:44 pm)As Law Enforcement Swept Alderpoint Area, One Woman Arrested and One Man ‘Footbailed’
One man fled law enforcement and a woman was arrested during law enforcement’s sweep of the Alderpoint area yesterday. Samantha Karges, a spokesperson for the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office, explained that deputies and other law enforcement are “saturating the area” in an attempt to gather leads on the whereabouts of Zach Harrison, a suspect in the shooting death of 58-year-old Robert James Holtsclaw last September in the remote town.
“We conducted a traffic stop where the subject footbailed towards the river,” Karges said using a law enforcement term for a suspect who runs away from law enforcement. The driver, 34-year-old Marshall Kent, had been stopped on 4th Street in Alderpoint but he managed to escape and ran towards the river. Law enforcement is still seeking the suspect who is wanted for a prior felony warrant for evading a peace officer and a misdemeanor warrant for a DUI.
Karges said they also arrested KC Stillwell, a 24-year-old female. “She was picked up yesterday of our saturation of the area…She was at the house that Harrison was known to frequent,” Karges explained. “She was taken on her warrants for two misdemeanor counts of petty theft.”
Update 5:45 pm: Photos of the suspects.
- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Deputies Search for Murder Suspect
- Victim Named in This Weekend’s Alderpoint Homicide
- Helicopter and K-9 With Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office in Alderpoint Looking for Homicide Suspect
- Robert Holtsclaw: In Memoriam of This Weekend’s Shooting Victim
- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Once Again Scoured the Area Near Alderpoint Looking for the Suspect in Last Weekend’s Fatal Shooting
- SoHum Man Sought in Shooting Death Believed to Be Armed and Dangerous
- A Reminder: Humboldt County Sheriff’s Department Still Seeking Suspect in Alderpoint Homicide
- After Being Spotted in Miranda, Murder Suspect, Zach Harrison Fled Into the Brush off Elk Creek Road; Residents Warned With Reverse 911
- Zach Harrison, Murder Suspect, Jumped in Eel River; Helicopter and Plane Brought in to Search
- Suspected Murderer Zach Harrison Still on the Loose; Netflix Film Crew in the Area Trying to Capture the Incident
- After Last Week’s Search for Suspected Murderer, Zach Harrison, in Alderpoint, Sheriff’s Office Warns That Harboring a Fugitive Is a Felony
- Sheriff’s Department Arrests Three Associates of Fugitive Murder Suspect, Zach Harrison
- Law Enforcement Continues to Comb the Alderpoint Area Searching for Murder Suspect Zach Harrison