Marci Kitchen Arrested and Made Bail
Charges against her stem from the hit and run death of her daughter Kiya Kitchen and her daughter’s friend Faith Tsarnas. On the evening of July 12, the two girls were on Eel River Drive skateboarding northbound when they were struck by a hit and run driver. Faith Tsarnas died immediately in the road. Kiya Kitchen died the next morning.
Blogger John Chiv who first reported Kitchen’s arrest and release last night says she made her $750,000 bail last night. Humboldt County Jail records show that she was released an hour and nine minutes after she was booked.
According to her attorney Ben Okin, “We immediately surrendered Marci last night after being informed a warrant had been issued for her arrest (as we’ve consistently offered since July 13).”
- Hit and Run: Child Injured in Fortuna
- Two Teenage Girls Killed by Hit and Run Driver
- Witness May Have Seen Vehicle Fleeing Last Night’s Fatal Hit and Run
- Vehicle Involved in Hit and Run Death of Teens Found Near Home of Mother of One of the Teens
- CHP Confirms They’ve Recovered Vehicle Involved in Fatal Hit and Run at One of the Victim’s Residences
- Driver of Vehicle in Tuesday’s Hit and Run Has Contacted Law Enforcement
- A Candlelight Vigil for the Two Young Girls Tragically Killed in a Hit and Run Accident
- Grief Counseling Offered at Fortuna Middle School
- Good Progress’ Learning About Death of Fortuna Teens, Says CHP Spokesperson
- 911 Call Reporting the Hit and Run Which Left Two Girls Dead Last Week; Warning, This Is Graphic Audio
- CHP Asks For Help Finding Two Suspected in Hit and Run Deaths of Two Teenagers
- Suspect’s Attorneys Refute CHP’s Press Release
- Kiya Suzanne Kitchen: Full of Life and Love
- Friends Rally Round Joe Kitchen Whose Daughter Died in Fortuna Hit and Run Accident
NOTE: Story was updated at 7:25 a.m. with the quote from Marci Kitchen’s attorney.