Driver of Vehicle in Tuesday’s Hit and Run Has Contacted Law Enforcement
Okin said that his office contacted law enforcement yesterday. “To my knowledge, when we contacted law enforcement as far as I can tell they did not know the identification of the driver,” he said. “We have offered to turn the driver in to law enforcement when they are ready to accept her… The driver is making themselves available to law enforcement to make an arrest.”
Okin believes that his client’s information led to the search yesterday of the Becker Lane home in Fortuna where the suspect vehicle was found. He said, “I believe that it is our contact that led to recovery of the jeep and the search warrant.”
The driver of the vehicle, Okin said, is in Humboldt County ready to turn themselves into law enforcement when requested to do so.
- Hit and Run: Child Injured in Fortuna
- Two Teenage Girls Killed by Hit and Run Driver
- Witness May Have Seen Vehicle Fleeing Last Night’s Fatal Hit and Run
- Vehicle Involved in Hit and Run Death of Teens Found Near Home of Mother of One of the Teens
- CHP Confirms They’ve Recovered Vehicle Involved in Fatal Hit and Run at One of the Victim’s Residences
Note: Apologies to Attorney Benjamin Okin whose name was written incorrectly in the first version of this story.
Latest version as of July 19, 2016: ‘Good Progress’ Learning About Death of Fortuna Teens, Says CHP Spokesperson