The Mendocino Complex: Maps, Photos, Videos
According to the ONCC, there is an ongoing threat to major power lines and FAA radio communications link control tower. They report that there have been forty structures destroyed along with 47 minor structures and one multiple residence. But damage assessments are still ongoing.
The ONCC also reports,
Mandatory evacuations include: Lake County: Southern Lakeport area south to Hwy 29 including the communities of Blue Lakes, Upper Lake, Nice, Witter Springs, Saratoga Springs, Bachelor Valley and Scotts Valley. The Lake County Jail in Lakeport has been evacuated as well as Sutter Lakeside Hospital.
For more on the most current evacuations and road closures, click here.
Scenes from the River Fire on Thursday:
Firefighters wait to defend a home as the River Fire backs down a hill just west of Scott’s Valley Road near Lakeport in Lake County, California on Thursday. [Photo by Mark McKenna]A DC-10 air tanker flies low and through heavy smoke to drop fire retardant on the River Fire. [Photo by Mark McKenna][/caption]
A Look from the Air:
— Drew P Hansen (@zulujumper) August 2, 2018
The Plan:The Ranch Fire ran about six miles east yesterday nearly reaching the unhealed burn scars from the Pawnee Fire in June. It also pushed into the valley above Upper Lake. (Although containment lines are built on the west side of the valley now.)
Dozer lines are being built between the run south yesterday in the northern mountains and the Clear Lake communities.Again the River Fire, mostly grew northward–pushing towards Hwy 20 and the Ranch Fire about a mile in some areas. Structures were lost as the flames chewed through remote rural neighborhoods.
A Red Flag warning has been issued for the area until Saturday night. That will make the weather difficult to battle and encourage the fires to expand. Expect smokey skies near the fire.
State Routes 20, 29, and 175 are closed with no estimated time of reopening. Though with containment lines holding solid along 20, there is hope for reopening. Keep checking in for updates if you need to get through.
Many smaller roads are closed also. Check Cal Fire for the latest but be aware that conditions are changing fast on the frontlines.
- Mendocino Complex Operations Map –to see details either zoom or click on the map and download a pdf.
Redwoods Rural Health Center in Redway is a Pay It Forward donation center. Call and ask first what they are accepting.
- Mandatory Evacuations for River Fire 4000 Acres / Ranch Fire Grown to 1000 Acres
- Thousands Without Electricity in Lake and Mendocino County as Major Wildfires Rage
- Mendocino Complex Devours Almost 25,000 Acres (Maps, Photos)
- Hwy 20 Closed as Ranch Fire Runs Out of Control
- More Evacuations as Both Fires of the Mendocino Complex Plow Deeper Into Lake County
- The Two Fiery Claws of the Mendocino Complex Squeeze Clear Lake and Its Communities (Maps, Photos)
- Kelseyville and Finley Area Ordered to Immediately Evacuate as River Fire Rushes Southeast
- The Mendocino Complex: Nearly 75,000 Acres Burned, 12% Contained [Maps, Photos]
- The Mendocino Complex: Still Burning Hot and Fast
- Mendocino County Fights Back Onslaught of Fires, But the Complex Grew Almost 20,000 Acres Yesterday