No Additional Positive Cases Confirmed Today, May 8
Press release from Humboldt County COVID19 – Joint Information Center:
Humboldt County’s case count remains at 55 as no additional cases of COVID-19 were confirmed today.
The following information is based on the most recent data available for all confirmed cases:
- Contact to a Known Case: 24
- Travel-Acquired: 20
- Community Transmission: 11
- Under Investigation: 0
- Positive cases by region:
- Northern Humboldt: 9
- Greater Humboldt Bay Area: 43
- Southern Humboldt: 3
- Males: 45%
- Females: 55%
- Mean age: 46
A total of 2,948 county residents have been tested for COVID-19 since the outbreak began. Humboldt County’s testing rate of 2,153 per 100,000 residents is slightly higher than the estimated state rate of 2,110 per 100,000. The estimated national rate is 2,460 per 100,000 people.
The rate of confirmed cases in the county stands at 41 per 100,000 residents, with the state rate nearly four times higher at an estimated 156 cases per 100,000. The estimated U.S. rate of confirmed cases is 382 per 100,000 people.
For the most recent COVID-19 information, visit cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or during business hours by contacting [email protected] or calling 707-441-5000. —
Daily COVID-19 case report for May 8
- Total number of confirmed cases: 55
- Total number of hospitalizations: 5
- Total number of recovered cases: 52
Total number of people tested by Public Health Laboratory: 1,939
Total number of people tested by all other sources: 1,009
(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, California Department of Public Health and commercial labs)
The Public Health Laboratory currently has a capacity of approximately 1,350 tests and can process about 65 samples a day with an approximate turnaround time of 48 to 72 hours.
For Redheaded Blackbelt’s most recent stories about COVID-19, click here.
Earlier test results:
- No Positive COVID-19 Tests Today, April 30
- No New COVID-19 Cases in Humboldt on May 1
- No Additional Positive Cases of COVID-19 were confirmed today
- Zero New Positive COVID-19 Tests on May 4
- Another Day With No New Positive COVID 19 Tests
- One New COVID Case in Humboldt on May 6
- No Additional Positive Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed May 7