One New COVID Case in Humboldt on May 6
Press release from Humboldt County COVID19 – Joint Information Center:
One additional case of COVID-19 was confirmed today, bringing to 55 the total number of Humboldt County residents who have tested positive for the virus.
The following transmission information is based on the most recent data available for all confirmed cases:
- Contact to a Known Case: 24
- Travel-Acquired: 20
- Community Transmission: 11
- Under Investigation: 0
Total new positive cases confirmed on May 6: 1
Daily COVID-19 case report for May 6
- Total number of confirmed cases: 55
- Total number of hospitalizations: 5
- Total number of recovered cases: 52
Total number of people tested by Public Health Laboratory: 1,848
Total number of people tested by all other sources: 859
(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, California Department of Public Health and commercial labs)
The Public Health Laboratory currently has a capacity of approximately 1,100 tests and can process about 65 samples a day with an approximate turnaround time of 48 to 72 hours.
For Redheaded Blackbelt’s most recent stories about COVID-19, click here.
Earlier test results:
- No Positive COVID-19 Tests Today, April 30
- No New COVID-19 Cases in Humboldt on May 1
- No Additional Positive Cases of COVID-19 were confirmed today
- Zero New Positive COVID-19 Tests on May 4
- Another Day With No New Positive COVID 19 Tests