Two Early Morning Fires in Fortuna in the Last Day
The volunteers of Fortuna Fire have been called out in the early morning hours twice in the last day. The first call happened a little before 6:30 a.m. yesterday and the second occurred about 1 a.m. today.
The fire yesterday in the 1200 block of N Street burned a residence. The occupants all were able to get out safely.The fire this morning burned a shed on Home Avenue off of Baer Court. According to a family member, “the shed has no electricity, fireplace, nothing to start a fire and it went up in flames.” In spite of what the family member calls a “quick response” from the firefighters, the shed, and all its contents, including “tools and building equipment burnt to the ground.”
“There just isn’t any way it could have started naturally,” she said. “The people renting the home and property are out of state for the holidays so we know it wasn’t the people living there as well.”