Rollover Accident on Hwy 101 Blocks One Northbound Lane of Traffic Near Willits

traffic accidentA green Subaru Outback rolled over on Hwy 101 just north of Willits, near the entrance to Sleepy Hollow Campground, according to reports made by emergency personnel to the Emergency Communications Center.

The accident, which occurred around 3:09 p.m., caused the closure of the #2 northbound lane on a blind corner of the road.

The driver reportedly has minor injures. An ambulance was dispatched to the scene to attend to the driver.

As of 3:30 p.m., efforts to clear the scene are underway, but the #2 northbound lane remains blocked.

The California Highway Patrol is on scene, conducting an investigation into the cause of the rollover. Preliminary reports suggest that no other vehicles were involved in the accident. The area around Sleepy Hollow Campground is known for its challenging driving conditions, including tight bends and limited visibility, which may have contributed to the incident.

Please remember that information gathered from initial reports is subject to revision as more facts become available.

Mendocino Mamma
Mendocino Mamma
2 months ago

Just drive by. It was pouring. Glad no one was severely injured. The Subaru looked really banged up.

Last edited 2 months ago
I am a robot
I am a robot
2 months ago

I have driven that stretch HUNDREDS of times in all weather. Blaming the road is ridiculous. Speeding, inattentive driver is the issue here. And in most accidents on today’s RHBB.
Slow down, pay attention. There is a loved one waiting for you

Martin
Martin
2 months ago
Reply to  I am a robot

I also have driven that road, and it is just as you describe. Generally, the driver’s fault from what I have witnessed. People pay attention to your driving and please slow down before you kill yourself or some innocent person or family.

Ice cream lady
Ice cream lady
2 months ago

I rounded that corner before cops even got there .that car looked bad real bad I’m suprised the occupant only had minor injuries but anyway my trip to willits and back had big time rain..majority of people were speeding big time it was crazy out there

Entering a world of pain
Entering a world of pain
2 months ago

I’ve driven between Bell Springs Rd and Willits in several major storms this season. The stretch between Shimmins Ridge and Sherwood Rd has an unusual amount of standing water pooled up and now the right lanes have huge unrepaired pot holes throughout that section.
I drove it yesterday and saw the car that flipped into Long Valley Creek. It was sketchy out there.
I only saw a couple assholes driving way too fast