Humboldt County Planning Director John Ford Resigns

Humboldt County Planning and Building Director John Ford.

Humboldt County Planning and Building Director John Ford. [Screenshot from a video]

This morning, staff at the Humboldt County Planning Department received an email from their Director John Ford letting them know that he was resigning. His resignation is effective June 24, 2022.

In November of 2016 as the County began grappling with Proposition 64 – The Control, Regulate and Tax Adult Use of Marijuana Act which passed just days after Ford stepped into his new position. Ford led his staff as the tumultuous changes have been taking place since then. Beyond that, he’s guided the Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors as he and staff tried to find pathways through uncharted territory.

Ford had attended Humboldt State University and lived in the County from 2002 to 2008 before accepting the job as Humboldt County’s Planning and Building Director.

Ford’s even demeanor when faced with contentious situations is only matched by his knowledge of what is happening on the ground. The County will now have to find a new Director to take over as they continue to try to find ways to acknowledge the struggles the cannabis industry as well as home and business owners face while still managing to protect the environment and the safety of the community.

UPDATE: John Ford Accepts Offer to Become Fort Bragg’s Next City Manager

Xebeche
Xebeche

How shall we celebrate?
Let us count the ways…..

thetallone
thetallone
Reply to  Xebeche

No need to wait ’til 4:20

geezermeD
geezerme
Reply to  Xebeche

One of the few Fords that don’t work for me.

Susan Nolan
Susan Nolan

Hallelujah!

Farce
Farce
1 month ago

Oh no! What will Rex and Trevor do now?!! Oh that’s right- he already walked their permits through….[edit] Did the Board of Supervisors privately request his resignation? We aren’t allowed to know that…Is he bailing just before the September financial meltdown when the permit pansies (especially the forever unnamed Four Biggest Farms) reveal that they are not paying ANY of their back taxes from the last 2-3 years? We don’t know….Anybody taking bets on John Ford next lands in Mendocino County where they just hired staff to work with their new satellite software ($300,000/year expense). His duplicity and general sleaziness will help them boonswaggle some idiot growers into thinking they have a chance and then a vicious abatement program can begin. He’s the perfect candidate to do to Mendocino what he did to Humboldt- he pretty much wrote the book on extorting rural residents to death to feed government overspending…

Last edited 1 month ago by Kym Kemp
Reply to  Farce

Farce, I actually believe he is a decent man, who upon reading the article yesterday and the comments that saw the Community rallying together, realized he was being given the God awful task of forcing people to tear down their homes and structures. Remember just yesterday you said you would put aside the Permit/non Permit issue aside for this Code Enforcement War. Lets take a couple days to realize all the fighting and heartache that may have just been avoided and the community who will be given a breathing chance to keep their homesteads and families intact.

Farce
Farce
Reply to  Guest

Okay. Thank you for your perspective. I do not know John Ford personally and so it’s easy for me to demonize him. Because his strategies were demonic! But I’ll walk back my comment if possible in this reply to you…Ya can’t fight darkness with darkness, only with light. And if he never grabbed any cash from the back room then he is better than most men. If he stepped down to avoid destroying peoples’ homes then he is doing so honorably. I don’t know his heart…just saw some questionable actions along the way and saw good people suffer from his policies

In my 1911 I trust
In my 1911 I trust
Reply to  Farce

I believe you are after Warren Black my friend. He’s the one who signed the abatements, not Ford

Mr. BearD
Mr. Bear
1 month ago

Warren is just the messenger from above

Reply to  Guest

I doubt he quit because of the article yesterday. Let’s hope the next person isn’t more of the same or worse.

Reply to  Hayforker

Just read a newer comment from Nichole under her article. What she says suggests her writings may have been applying pressure on Ford. If so then this is all the more impressive.

Nichole Norris
Nichole Norris
Reply to  Hayforker

Can you elaborate please? I didn’t intend to suggest that. I actually posted that comment about Ford on my article about 20 minutes before I heard the inside scoop that he resigned. Wild . I don’t see this as a win until I see someone conscious replace him. It’s not Ford, it’s the policy. Though I see an opportunity in the next 3weeks for the public to step up and demand long lasting change starting with the end of the HEIR abatement program. Blessings to you friend

Reply to  Nichole Norris

I may have been wishfully thinking there was a connection with the article and resignation, but this is probably not the case. I found it interesting how you commented on Ford controlling the communications with you and his staff. I just read your comments once on my phone during a quick break and might have misunderstood things.

I’ll agree it’s the policy and not the person, but there is some incredible issues with the policy implementation as I understand with limited knowledge. Yes the abatements need to end. I’m so sorry you all have had to deal with this. It’s one reason I moved to trinity over ten years ago. Now over here I can’t get any movement on things good or bad.

Incredible work and I look forward to reading your next article!

Nichole Norris
Nichole Norris
Reply to  Hayforker

Well bless your heart for wishing and thinking friend 🙂 There is a lot of pressure on Ford from many directions, I highly doubt it was my article alone, seems he was looking for an out for a minute and I dont blame him, its a hot seat. Im very upset about whats happened the past 5 years of course, but Im more concerned that some random person will just step in and do it all over again, or worse. Its critical folks pay attention, write letters, emails call etc. and keep the pressure on regarding the replacement. Meynell isnt a big fan of mine, but I think she’d make a decent replacement v. say bob rusell or one of the other high pressure sales-type guys in the office. Id really like to see someone who grew up here take on the job, someone who knows the culture and doesnt despise it. Yeah you made a great move. I almost moved to mendo last year for the same reasons, though it would have turned out to be much of the same there sadly. I hope Ford finally agrees to one more interview with me before he leaves. I did set… Read more »

Xebeche
Xebeche
Reply to  Guest

If he had actually said that out loud I might believe you. No one was holding a gun to his head

Mr. BearD
Mr. Bear
Reply to  Farce

Hey Kym, do we allow accusations of crimes with no proof?

Reply to  Mr. Bear

Kym allows far worse things than accusations without proof.

Lisa Music
Editor
Reply to  Mr. Bear

Kym is actually taking a moment off and I’ve been moderating today. I hadn’t seen Farce’s comment prior to “yes”‘s comment coming into the moderation box.

Looking at Farce’s comment, my best judgement would be that it’s borderline. “Walking through” does not imply illegality simply helping the process. Taking money would be an illegal accusation, but it says in the back room of the department and one official was accused (and convicted if I’m not mistaken) of taking bribes. And we’re talking about someone that’s a public official as well. It’s iffy. So, I’m going to let Kym make that call when she gets back.

This comment section is no joke to attempt to moderate. I would probably shut the entire thing down because I don’t have the patience for it that Kym does.

Just the moderation alone is an exorbitant amount of work – thankless and tedious work at that.

Yet she is a champion of the first amendment and perhaps the most tolerant person I know.

So, if there’s someone to blame, blame me.

regulators
regulators
Reply to  Lisa Music

I think it’s important to remember that moderation is in no way required. It is done to make the site more attractive to advertisers.

You could choose to have no comment section, but then of course the site is less attractive to potential readers, who’s these days like to be able to comment on local news issues.

stand together
stand together
Reply to  regulators

that’s not right regulator. Kym cannot have a legitimate news site if the comment section has no standards. Lisa Music is right to let the remarks stand. They are accusations against a public employee. They can stand, and they were walked back when another perspective was put forward. that is what the goal of communication is and gives the site merit. imo.

Reply to  Lisa Music

It might be a ton of work, but it’s the best place for the new digital town square I can think of. Thanks to Kym and all her staff.

Prometheus
Prometheus
Reply to  Farce

Bonn got his sub-division through for his friends now and could care less about the John leaving. They even ignored county and state laws to approve them… Good riddance.

Last edited 1 month ago by Eugene Womack
Vato
Vato
Reply to  Farce

What are the 4 biggest farms?

Salmongirl
Salmongirl
1 month ago

Good Riddance, the predatory extortionist is gone. ! That fucker ruined many lives. Yes, health hazards and environmental degradations should be addressed, but that fucker has caused unimaginable financial hardship to people that have lived on their land with small footprints for 50 years. His heavy handed draconian ,no win permitting extortions caused people to commit suicide. Good riddance fucker, perhaps I’ll file a code enforcement complaint against your illegal back yard barbecue pit and your leaking septic system. Ive never seen your place…..but i know with certainty, there is not a property in the county where a violation can’t be found if one really looks. I also know that with no proof what-so-ever, i can fill out a complaint form and code enforcement has to investigate. Hope you enjoy the process.

Best news all year
Best news all year
1 month ago

Yes yes YES!!! This is wonderful news and cause for celebration.

history will remember him as the chief architect and enforcer of the most damaging policies this county has seen in modern history.

although as others have pointed out it’s the BOS that really bears the blame, but come on Ford really took it to the next level.

on the hero side, of which there are precious few, stand Ed Denson and Nichole Norris. Thank you!!

Salmongirl
Salmongirl
1 month ago

Thank Goddess! Our wish came true!

1 month ago

I believe Bob Russell is in charge of Code Enforcement, and works at the direction of the Board. He is the one who needs to be given new orders by his Bosses, our elected officials.

Arctostaphylos
Arctostaphylos
Reply to  Guest

I think you’re right. Russell is former military officer and definitely has that more authoritarian & top-down mindset. Brandon Howton, who’s been mentioned in some of these articles about code enforcement, is also former military.

Last edited 1 month ago by Arctostaphylos
In my 1911 I trust
In my 1911 I trust
Reply to  Arctostaphylos

Warren Black signs the letters. Warren Black is who you call. Warren Black is the asshole. Not saying Ford isn’t, but it wasn’t Ford who signed my abatement, it was Warren Black. Warren Black is who your attorney contacts to clear up the abatement. John Ford is an easily replaceable figure head. Nothing will change. Just another unhelpful talking head from the planning department like Rodney will fill his place.

In the meantime the military arm of the planning department, code enforcement, is still fully intact.

Bait and switch

1 month ago

Oh hell no. The BOS must find and appoint a new Director.This new Director must be made aware his job is to clean up maybe a thousand Abatements and also enforce the Draconian rules to shut down a farm, are there 1200 0r 1800 farms going bankrupt, which include demolishing thousands of structures that are perfectly usable, including homes. These rules need to be dropped. Not Rewritten with kinder lighter rules, Dropped. People lost it all, they can’t afford more consultants, engineers, etc. The Board also writes the Directives for Code Enforcement and their fines etc. They can simply let go of most of the staff, and instruct them to only enforce situations that present an immediate threat to Health and Human Safety or the Environment. The BOS is now publicly in the drivers seat and must make their directions very public and own them. Bohn, Bushnell, and Madrone have the most constituents by far in this position. Will they bankrupt and make them homeless, or will they realize thousands of people still have their homes which is better than the bushes in Eureka, cars, Rv’s etc. There certainly isn’t enough affordable housing to take us all in. The county… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by Guest

David Nicoletti?

Interesting, I wish I knew more about him.

Sounds promising.

Thank you.

Reply to  Guest

Yeah, marching orders…

1 month ago

John cared. I saw it many times as he wades through the mess. For him to turn around and make all these people tear down their homes and structures after seeing they poured their lives into them, I believe he felt it just wasn’t right, and couldn’t do it. Maybe this isn’t the reason, but from what I know of him I believe it was.

Reply to  Guest

Oh please, give me a break!

What horseshit!

There is no end to the attempts to twist facts into horseshit these days.

The only damn reason he can’t do it anymore is that he isn’t going to be allowed to do it anymore, so he quits.

I say that this should ensure that Karen Paz-Dominguez gets reelected for Auditor / Controller.

The corruption is leaving us due to the appropriately increased scrutiny.

Hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Suntimefuntime
Suntimefuntime
Reply to  Guest

She is the epitome of corruption. And the queen of bait and switch.

sam
sam
1 month ago

Humboldt County government is a lot like high school

No immunity
No immunity
Reply to  sam

Or survivor, and they finally voted his ass off the island.

Anew Beginning
Anew Beginning
1 month ago

John is a decent, hard working man. He was enforcing the policies the BOS approved and adopted. That said, the current Code Enforcement staff in it’s entirety is over zealous and power mongers. If it wasn’t him, it would have been someone else. The BOS drives the ship. They (BOS) need to immediately repeal the Code Enforcement regulations, layoff the entire CE staff including Russell and establish a Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) to draft new policies for the BOS to consider and approve. The original CE mission to pursue the most egregious of the egregious violations I would think is supported by all. However, it evolved into something much different. It’s impact has changed lives, contributed to suicides, financial despair, mental health issues, substance abuse and yes crime. Desperate people will do desperate things.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of dead wood in the Department who make mountains out of mole-hills and look for any reason they can to throw a project in suspense. If his staff worked as hard as he did in processing permits, the Department would not have such a bad rap. The Department should be expediting and facilitating planned, orderly development. They don’t!

Defund code enforcement!
Defund code enforcement!
Reply to  Anew Beginning

I don’t know if Ford is decent or not, but if it is so then this is his chance to step up and candidly advise the BOS to adopt or ffs at least consider the moves you propose.

if he is not decent then good riddance to put it politely.

Reply to  Anew Beginning

This comment is a very good assessment.

a guest of a guest
a guest of a guest
Reply to  Anew Beginning

Ahh, so long as he was well intended while paving this road to Hell…

I’d pay a penny for your two cents but I don’t deal in that kinda change.

Last edited 1 month ago by a guest of a guest
Xebeche
Xebeche
Reply to  Anew Beginning

If he actually had the conscience that his supporters here are arguing HE SHOULD HAVE SPOKEN UP. He could have, but he didn’t.
“All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing”

yee yee
yee yee
Reply to  Anew Beginning

” Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) to draft new policies for the BOS to consider and approve.” WTF!!! A CAC to advise the BOS!!!! Tell you what, the only advisory board the BOS needs are the voters of their districts! The very idea one believes the elected officials need a non-voter committee to “advise them” is the root of ALL government problems! The BOS exists to serve at the will of their constituents. The only advise they need is from their voters! It’s our duty alone as citizens to be vigilant watchmen and stewards of how we are governed! Lazy hands=poor men. By poor, I mean ignorant! It’s this ignorant and prideful thought of mind that “we” should be allowing a select few to draft policy behind cloaked doors for the approval of elected officials! Ugh!

I hope you run in opposition to your district’s Supervisor and offer a more transparent and robust alternative to the current state of the BOS at large! That’s the only way to affect change when you see a need!

Yo Yo
Yo Yo
Reply to  yee yee

Hello… So you think the process to develop the current policies worked out? They were done in a vacuum by County Counsel without public outreach and participation. Government for the people by the people. The voters of their Districts would be on the CAC’s. I would have to assume those on the CAC’s vote. They are the Board’s constituents. The way to be vigilant watchmen and stewards is to get involved. Those drafting policy behind closed doors are anarchists and/or fascists. CAC’s don’t meet behind cloaked (closed) doors. Historically. CAC’s were the way to invoke community (voter) participation. Without public participation the select few who draft policy are the FIVE Supervisors and their Department heads. Is that who you are referring to?

1 month ago

[edit] Good Riddance is right. What goes around comes around. That’s so suspicious. Strip him of his powers immediately, before he can do anymore damage! Take his badge, if he has such a thing, it is without merit or legality! Now who will be left to clean up all of his incompetent fuck- ups? And how long before the people erroneously and improperly abated, persecuted, charged, prosecuted, and mistreated, will be fully exonerated and proper reparations are fulfilled? Punitive Damages are in order… Somebody better get busy, I’m sure Ford and Friends’ Frequent Fuck-Ups go back to the day he began. [edit] Because he may be subject to prosecution if the audit merits it. Has that audit been completed? Is that why he is resigning? Bastard! He needs to be thoroughly searched, along with any offshore swiss bank accounts he holds and his luggage!!! [edit] Take his passport until the audit can be completed, just in case he is criminally charged! He must not escape! Tear down HIS home! See how he likes it! Give him a taste of his own medicine, And give him an ankle monitor. I always considered “Fords” worthless pieces of shit. Do I sound pissed?… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by Kym Kemp
Gavin'sComb
Gavin'sComb
Reply to  Guest

I appears you have some issues with John.

Reply to  Gavin'sComb

Ford and his cronies, should have to remain at their desks every day, until they have resolved each and every unresolved abatement, he should not be allowed to just walk away and leave the complete mess and all the disasters that he vindictively initiated and perpetuated, for someone else to try and sort out and correct. Until they do this, no other actions should commence, and if they can’t stay current on their workload, the actions that just back up further and further, beyond reason, must be dismissed, just like a court of law. They must cease and desist, and employ as necessary to reasonably resolve these issues time wise. Enough is enough. Ford should not be allowed to just walk away and leave such a mess behind, any more than a grower… He’s the one that has created a public nuisance, abate him, force him under duress and threat of unaffordable consequences to sign a compliance agreement, and make him pay to clean up HIS mess. Let him resign, then make him clean up his mess as an entry level grunt, on a minimum salary, for however long it takes him. Then he can go free. What is good… Read more »

deadmanwalkingwmd
deadmanwalkingwmd
Reply to  Guest

Ah, fantasy. It’s a nice respite but ultimately useless. When you have done what you were hired to do, it’s usually time to leave town. I once told a boss that I knew the job contained a barrel of snakes when I was hired but I was goddamned if I thought they were all poisonous

Reply to  Kym Kemp

I said overcharges, it’s true, and that sounded like I was only talking about sq. ft. taxes being questionably accounted for. That wasn’t my intention, and I should have phrased it differently. The accounting of the abatement fines, and the accounting of the sq. ft. taxes for legal growers should not confused with each other. My bad. On that note, as I recall, they didn’t just provide a blanket tax refund to each and every grower that was overcharged, like the IRS would. They required each and every overtaxed person to request it before they would provide them with the refund that they should ha ve effortlessly received. I am sure you knocked on their door for your refund. Many may not have. I am also talking about abatement fees and fines… And their questionable justification and accounting… And the fact that in many cases, those “overcharges”, (the term I used), should be returned, but the slipshod accounting for those funds will pose a formidable, if not impenetrable barrier to proper reimbursement. They should be returned effortlessly, same as the tax refunds should be returned, not just after a request and a presentation of documentation and receipts. If you haven’t… Read more »

John smythe
1 month ago

He had a hard job. At least he tried. Best case scenario might have been to cap everyone at 99 plants but Lord knows. Globalism is total failure. Doesn’t matter much what happens locally in politics. The bigger picture trickles down from here: http:/
/www.softpanorama.org/Skeptics/Political_skeptic/Elite_theory/Degradation_of_elite/les_wexner_and_mega_group.shtml

a guest of a guest
a guest of a guest
Reply to  John smythe

This being the Kali Yuga does not excuse my burning my neighbors house down.

The Big Picture is one of such creative genius our limited minds simply can not comprehend…

But folks sure do enjoy busying themselves making sense of that 10%..

No consequences
No consequences
1 month ago

The damage has been done. Give it one more year and wait till the tax rolls start coming in after all the property values have truly plummeted. It’s going to be like rats jumping off a sinking ship. The boom is over and now comes the bust.
Anyone reading this should make sure they get their property value reassessed by the county to save themselves the over taxation on property taxes that is currently happening as the county is out of their mind on what they think property values will sell for and in reality they are worth a fraction of that. No one is buying land in the hills and over the next 6 months we will see houses in town go through the same.
Whether anyone likes it or not all that dope money that was coming into the county is no longer here and all the businesses that benefited off that and all the employees that had that extra couple bucks in their pocket will no longer be in the same position. Meanwhile inflation along with supply chain issue will make people drive less and spend less all creating the perfect storm.

Notbuyinit
Notbuyinit

💯

Xebeche
Xebeche
1 month ago

Property taxes are determined by law.

Suntimefuntime
Suntimefuntime
Reply to  Xebeche

And calculated by the market value of the home

Last edited 1 month ago by Suntimefuntime
Reply to  Suntimefuntime

By the square footage… As if Humboldt built square foot was equivalent in value, no matter where, or how, or how far along, it’s built All arbitrarily determined by the tax assessor. My feeling is you tax it, it’s legit. There is no way they should be able to tax a structure, and then, retroactively say it must be torn down, because of a permitting issue, or an abatement issue. They took the money, they are complicit, the structure is therefore as legit as the taxation it has been subjected to. If they want it torn down, refund the taxes FIRST! They can’t have their cake and eat it too! The market value has plummeted. Have the property taxes been adjusted down accordingly? Why is it that the county taxes me on my property, at eleven times the value that my bank will loan me against it, house and all? Because that’s how much that the County of Humboldt has over-assessed my property, and how much they also overtax me on it. It’s at least twice what it should be. I’ve heard an instance where the code enforcement unit has demanded the effective, immediate destruction of the only home on… Read more »

a guest of a guest
a guest of a guest
1 month ago

I’ve no ill will— it is hard to be Human..
That said, to not smell the impending desperation coming to the county Fennel and Ford helped destroy, the smell of filthy fkn paper -money- musta wafted something sweet. A good investigative journalist would have their hands full digging thru Fennel and Fords accounting.

May you get a good nights sleep John. I imagine it has been years since you could lay head to pillow in peace…

This is LONG overdue.

Notbuyinit
Notbuyinit
1 month ago

Buh bye dick. I’m sure we’ll see you again after the state audit
of county funds. Then you will be the one on trial 🖕

Gavin'sComb
Gavin'sComb
1 month ago

Honey, don’t forget to pack the brown bags hidden in the clothes hamper and the Swiss deposit receipts.

Sword Fest
Sword Fest
1 month ago

He lasted 3 years longer than I expected. Really incredible when you think about the complexity of the job he had. Thank you for your service sir and best of luck on your new ventures. (Hopefully it doesn’t involve dealing with a drug culture again).

Knowledge
Knowledge

About damn time.

Oh Please
Oh Please

Good Riddance!
He gave us an abatement just before Christmas. We cancelled our plans to visit family back east for the Holiday so we could deal with his crappy department. In the end, no weed, no violations, just a ruined Christmas and an education about how screwed up the Planning and Building Department really is.

Local residents
Local residents
1 month ago

I have had many first hand experiences with John Ford as a small local business owner. I have familiarized myself and my peers with his conduct as a cheif planner and as a citizen. I can confidently say that John Ford has single handedly dismantled and corrupted humboldts cannabis culture and economy. He has promoted businesses involved in organized crime and is a crooked as the cartel. We will not be seeing the last of John Ford, we will pursue justice for you until you are behind bars where you belong.

Zipline
Zipline
1 month ago

Better be careful what you wish for. You may get a replacement who reads the letter of the law and enforces it thusly. Many structures in Southern Humboldt and elsewhere will have to be demolished…..

Flat Stomper
Flat Stomper
Reply to  Zipline

Let the cleansing begin! Humboldt is long over due for a good spring cleaning.

Reply to  Zipline

Why the Boards needs to be utterly transparent with their intentions and directives going forward.

Jeffersonian
Jeffersonian
1 month ago

Can you blame him.What a thankless job. Suitable for nerds only. The buck must stop with the supervisors and their CAOs. The turnover rate of hi level employees is ridiculous. The county governance reminds me of a sinking ship. Rex parties, Virginia preens, Mike whines, Madrone philosophizes, and Bushnell crawfishes. Secret meetings are the rule, and a visit to any county office resembles entering a tomb. Meanwhile, the crew jumps into the lifeboats of severance pay and fat pensions.

Guess
Guess
1 month ago

I’m Gona wait to celebrate, the next one will probably be even worse

willow creeker
willow creeker
1 month ago

I’d like to see the abatement fines refunded, and the code enforcement team fired.

Reply to  willow creeker

Yep. Me too. Too bad there aren’t any records of them…

Do it yourself
Do it yourself
1 month ago

Some of you all should apply for the position.

regulators
regulators
Reply to  Do it yourself

I would vote for anyone against warrantless surveillance.

Thanks for proving our point!D
Thanks for proving our point!
1 month ago

Good riddance! And just because you accepted a paycheck to do someone’s evil, dirty work , doesn’t make you a sleaze. It just makes you more evil…. And most likely, more sleazy. He knew what he signed up for and profited from heavy handed economic destruction for our county- further evidenced by yesterday’s article. If you’re down with that sort of thing, do you Boo… but don’t expect others to agree about this man’s decency.

1 month ago

So true. Nobody signs up, or signs on, to be a torturer, unless they are a torturer, willing to participate. He was a more than willing participant. Only a miscreant would do it, and continue to do it. Probably quit because he topped out on the pay scale, so to speak.

regulators
regulators
1 month ago

This in no way means an into the warrantless satellite surveillance of our citizens.

Perhaps we can convince the BOS to end this un-American practice?

willow creeker
willow creeker
Reply to  regulators

Start a petition. It’s the American way.

Reply to  willow creeker

Petitions don’t matter. You’ve got to mobilize the masses. Take all the BOS public comment time. Run protests, media campaigns and support people who will change the system.

justsayin
justsayin
1 month ago

Wow! We got the dopers riled up. Good for this man for finally saying, “I’m done with your made up drama and whining.” Good luck to you sir.

Ernie Branscomb
1 month ago

Calvin Ball Rules. Made up by the cartoon Calvin and Hobbs. Sound Familiar? I bet you thought that Humboldt County made up their own rules…

• Calvinball has no rules; the players make up their own rules as they go along, making it so that no Calvinball game is like another. Rules cannot be used twice (except for the rule that rules cannot be used twice), and any plays made in one game may not be made again in any future games. The game may involve wickets, mallets, volleyballs, and additional sports-related equipment. There is only one permanent rule in Calvinball: players cannot play it the same way twice.
NoBody
NoBody

B-bye!!
Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

farmer
farmer
1 month ago

Well, I hope he takes some time to think about all the pain and suffering he has caused our community. When I hear people say oh well, it was a tough job I want to tell them lying wasn’t tough for these people. Stealing money from people wasn’t tough for these people. What’s challenging is looking at yourself in the mirror, knowing young fathers killed themselves because of you, mothers went without food so their babies could eat because of you. Children watched their parents crumble under the financial stress of losing everything. It didn’t seem complicated for him when he lied, smiling, telling me my permit would cost $2000. It wasn’t hard for the building department or the B.O.S to keep changing the rules when we found ways of being innovative and saving ourselves. It wasn’t hard for them to charge me 10,000 in taxes before I ever put a plant in the ground. I hope you do some deep thinking and soul searching, John. Was the $ worth causing so much suffering? I hope you heal, bud. Do some charity work and change your karma.

Last edited 1 month ago by farmer
THC
THC
1 month ago

I would expect Cliff Johnson to take Fords place. The problem as many know is the stress that Ford couldn’t handle was caused in large part by Johnsons incredible lack of integrity and “skirt the rules for his buddies” strategy. While Ford had glimpses of honesty if Johnson takes over don’t expect any of that.

mendo gramma
mendo gramma
1 month ago

He is on his way to the city of Fort Bragg

Reply to  mendo gramma

I wonder if the citizens even know he has been selected?

I wonder what their reaction will be?

Will their be an uproar?
How could there possibly not be?

(There would be if I lived there)…

Would it be short sighted to anticipate it?

Would it be short sighted of whoever hired him to not anticipate an uproar over it?

I can’t imagine the citizens of Fort Bragg, or anywhere else for that matter, being willing to embrace him in such a position of power and control. Janitor maybe. City manager, no.

They would all have to be completely brain dead.

🤔🧐I wonder if his selection has anything to do with a particular faction whose wishes are to massively develop the mill site, hedging their bets?

( I’d bet💰💰💰 money 💰💰💰 it does…)

Fortuna farmer
Fortuna farmer
1 month ago

I am a cannabis farmer and although I do not often agree with some of the rules imposed on us, I have had many dealings with Mr. Ford and have consistently found him to be a reasonable , intelligent and fair man. He was in a nearly impossible position here in Humboldt and I wish him well in his next endeavor. I’m sure he will be relieved to be out of this counties shXX show. His shoes will be very hard to fill and I am quite certain the locals will complain much more about the next person filling them.

Cove-ite
Cove-ite
1 month ago

What a jerk off that guy is good riddance he was an authoritarian SOB establishment guy quite literally “the man”
humboldt county will be a lot bit better without him

Sugar free
1 month ago

Wait. Don’t go yet. We are putting a civil case against you and the county together right now. No matter where you run to. This case will haunt you like you did to those going threw permitting. We want all the money this criminal organization took from our county so we can reinvest it back. Then I’m running for your job!

Reply to  Kym Kemp

How does one go about getting appointed? He could put in his application, couldn’t he?

Then, wouldn’t he be, “in the running”.

Maybe it SHOULD BE an elected position?

If we can’t trust the Board of Supervisors that we elect, we can’t trust anyone they appoint, now can we?

Reply to  Kym Kemp

True, but he can still be personally sued.

Tim
Tim

U

Tim
Tim
1 month ago

So he runs this scene into the ground and then runs off down to the next town Johnny boy is getting out of here before the lawsuits kick in Unbelievable No actually I believe it this is humbldt county after all Land of corruption Con artists and thieves