[UPDATE 9:08 a.m.: Wow…Imagine the Poor Guy Stopped] Law Enforcement Stopped Suspect Allegedly Fleeing Scene of Large Cannabis Burglary

cannabis crime featureJust after 8 a.m., law enforcement conducted a felony stop on a vehicle headed northbound on Hwy 101 at Stafford. The driver allegedly stole a large amount of product from a cannabis business in Garberville.

According to a report that went over the scanner, a tall, white male was seen earlier this morning on surveillance video leaving the business with a large amount of cannabis in what was a Chevy Silverado. The suspect’s vehicle license plate was seen and given.

Law enforcement saw the suspect’s vehicle, gathered resources, and stopped the suspect’s vehicle.

Please remember that this story is unfolding. Information is being reported as we gather it. However, some of the information coming from witnesses and initial official reports could be wrong. We will do our best to get the facts but, in the case that something is inaccurate, we will update with correct information as soon as we can.

UPDATE 9:08 a.m.: According to Samantha Karges, spokesperson for the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Department,

It turned out to be not as reported. The call came in that a burglary was occurring at a cannabis business in Garberville. Deputies located the vehicle on U.S. 101 and conducted a traffic stop. After further investigation, it was learned the subject actually was renting space from the building and entered lawfully. The subject had taken cannabis that belonged to him. No further action was taken.

Don Burget
Don Burget
29 days ago

long gone are the days when rip-offs can get away with their craft because growers couldn’t call the cops…which led to growers arming themselves, and we know what that led to…now, we call the cops, and you get busted…yay, finally

Bearerofbadnews
Bearerofbadnews
Reply to  Don Burget

Obviously you didn’t read the article very well, nobody got busted

shortjohnson
shortjohnson
28 days ago

And thats new and good news as well. Did this brother walk w his product? Man the times they are a changing. Sorry, your the wrong guy with 3 lbs. Heres your product, please be on your way!!

Well HOWDY!!!
Im used to praying in my boots, hoping to god Im not charged with distribution. Guess I can grow my hair back out. Freak Freely

Last edited 28 days ago by shortjohnson
Connie DobbsD
Connie Dobbs (@disqus_z3w956ss5l)
Reply to  shortjohnson

And he got to keep the weed.

Non-fiction
Non-fiction
28 days ago

Don’s comment was posted before the Update was posted.

armed and hilarious
Reply to  Don Burget

actually we still arm ourselves because Law Enforcement does not serve our area.

Jeffrey Lebowski
Jeffrey Lebowski
Reply to  Don Burget

Except it was wrongly reported to the police?? Did you read the article?

Non-fiction
Non-fiction
28 days ago

Did you notice the time stamp of his comment vs the time of the update to the article?

Jimmy
Jimmy
Reply to  Don Burget

Lmao you dont think the traditional market peeps.. dont worry about robbery these days?! 🤣 yeah 4 sure…

29 days ago

I’m seeing awesome deals offered on beautiful pounds of mixed light. The people are claiming them as “white market” like that’s a good thing? Well, they are very nice. But yes- many many are dumping their “white market” into the blackety-black dirty-unpermitted-criminal-lowlifes market and we’ve known this since the beginning of the permit-pansy situation but it’s never been so flagrant and so open and so very much of it. BTW- talking w/ friends not in the biz and they all think it’s being regulated by the state. HA HA HA!!

Reply to  Farce

I know that permit mega-growers are trying to deny and obfuscate this reality…But I’m doing my best to educate everybody I can about the complete breakdown in regulated sales, the failure of METRC and the state’s neglect of duty. It’s weird how many people assume that the state is doing it’s job! I am turning heads daily and I guess I should be reporting to more media sources about it…since it is such a misunderstanding among the general public.

Susan Nolan
Susan Nolan
Reply to  Farce

Farce, this is a news story that deserves mainstream coverage. Please consider CalMatters: “CalMatters is an award-winning, nonpartisan, nonprofit journalism venture committed to explaining how California’s state Capitol works and why it matters.We were founded to fill the gap left by a shrinking press corps in order to empower people to engage on key issues, hold the powerful accountable, and create a better California for all. In six years CalMatters has established ourselves as a trusted brand and “go-to” hub for in-depth news and information on statewide issues. Our office is in Sacramento, but our team of award winning reporters and photo journalists are found throughout California.” (from their website) I hear their radio reports and believe they would be interested in covering this story. [email protected]

suspence
suspence (@suspence)
Reply to  Susan Nolan

If a media outlet would report on Farce’s anecdotal evidence I wouldn’t find them credible. Plus, everyone already knows this is what is happening. Farces’ friends must have their heads up there anuses. [edit]

Reply to  suspence

Okay- I’m not going to respond to everybody’s attacks on me but I’ll say a couple more things. suspence- I said friends of mine who are not in the business. Do you have any of those? So no, they wouldn’t know the things we know. They are nurses, office workers and even a lawyer and they are all surprised. Also it’s not just my anecdotal info. I’ll provide a link…https://mjbizdaily.com/california-burner-distributor-lawsuit-underlines-why-licensed-firms-cheat-to-stay-afloat/ In my opinion when people attack me so fiercely- ignorant, snitch, etc it means they are angry that I say out loud what they don’t want known. Possibly because they are profiting from the deception. Sorry not sorry. I’ve been here since ’77, fought all the fights and I comment frequently always along the same line- Mega growers and greed hurt us all more than anything. The fake corporate-written “legalization” was a death shot. The permit people who raced to make mega-money sold us all out …They should at least be made to stay in their own lane- in that wonderful white market they spoke so lovingly about. If they are going to grow mega-farms openly and then flood the black market (OUR traditional market) then I will oppose that… Read more »

Huh?
Huh?
Reply to  Farce

Why are you bitching? You broke laws if you were/are selling on the traditional market. Legal Farms are breaking laws if they were/are selling on the traditional market. Both are the same. You sound whiney or snitchy. Make your money and keep your mouth shut.

Root4America
Root4America
Reply to  Huh?

It’s not breaking the law if the law is ignored so blatantly.

Connie DobbsD
Connie Dobbs (@disqus_z3w956ss5l)
Reply to  Root4America

You sound like you’re getting a $450k check

Willow Creeker
Willow Creeker
Reply to  Farce

I for one am with you Farce. Don’t worry about making popular choices- a lot of times the truth isn’t popular.
I’ve been saying it for years. We who chose to stay in the ‘black market’ are getting blown out by permit pansies. Pick a lane and stick to it! I would be terrified if I provided publicly all my personal information, claiming to be a grower, and then stayed active in the black market. Hmm, give feds all the information they want and then keep doing illegal stuff? Sounds crazy. But yet it is the main market for interstate weed these days.

Jimmy
Jimmy
Reply to  Willow Creeker

I agreed too.. i mean if you know regular people .. they have no fukkin clue whats going on really..

Suspence
Suspence
Reply to  Farce

One doesn’t have to work in the industry to have an understanding of what’s happening. I work in timber. I find it odd that locals who don’t work in weed are oblivious to the industry. Also, your novel length posts are ridiculous. Tighten up, maybe get a hobby. Good grief

Root4America
Root4America

MeGA grows
MeGA banks
Mega food chains
Mega hospital chains
Mega pharmacy chains
Mega media chains
Mega entertainment
Mega shopping

just about every business that streamlines its operations to focus of PROFIT over PEOPLE, and when I say that, I’m speaking to insane profit and power to shut down smaller independent business, and strangle the distribution market so the independent producers of goods aren’t able to compete.

I spent a career in retail food marketing, and every space on the shelves are bought and sold like valuable real estate.

Local producers are a blessing to the community and we should support cooperative markets. …but for how long will they be profitable?

shortjohnson
shortjohnson
Reply to  suspence

Ahh the friggin media is garbage. You find someone credible at this point? Everyone doesnt have a clue. My brother in Laguna Beach doesnt give a rats ass until we speak over beers. My mother in Marin is too busy with her high life “friends” to care about what goes down in the woods of Nor Cal. They both smoke flower and think the Cannabis people are managing things just fine. Very few are actually focused on the issues of supply and demand.

Last edited 28 days ago by shortjohnson
Backwooods
Backwooods
Reply to  Farce

Legit. They make more sending it to states it’s prohibited in. It’s sad they get to hide under they permits while commits and causing crime here and a far..
I’ve been doing the same sense before it went to vote for recreational use. I educated the county I live in very openly with friends and family experiences in the triangle. my efforts payed off, there is no commercial canna here.

suspence
suspence (@suspence)
Reply to  Farce

Get it all out. You can reply to yourself again if you need to.

I like stars
I like stars
Reply to  suspence

That’s the reply of someone who knows the other guy is right. Farce speaks truth. You don’t dispute facts (because you can’t). Instead you attack the messenger (because that’s all you’ve got).

Reply to  Farce

The reality is what Sheriff Renner said way back when has come true. Something along the lines of a couple farmers with 40 acre fields would put all the growers out of business simply because flat land farmers could produce and sell 200-300 a pound. Triangle farmers, black and white are falling to the basic concept of supply and demand. Oregon, Oklahoma, Monterey, SLO, Desert, Sierras have all over mass produced. You could add soft snitching to your repertoire, talk to this nice lady in the media.

Reply to  Guest

Sure. There was a time. But now we have cartels running over little mom n pops just struggling to not lose their one home. I think I’ll speak up, Thank you….https://mjbizdaily.com/daily-news/#illegal-marijuana-grows-in-oregon-linked-to-drug-cartels-state-police-say

Motorcycle rider who barely avoided this accident
Motorcycle rider who barely avoided this accident
Reply to  Farce

Anyone who has legal market product would be insane to sell it on the black market. It is worth much more if sold within the state regulated system. My employer is still getting $1500/lb for good grade outdoor, fully licensed by the state & permitted by Lake county.
He’ll get that for all 100,000 lbs of this years harvest.
It’s all about who you know.

Lake County = brickweed

Non-fiction
Non-fiction
Reply to  Legallettuce

Little do you know…

Reply to  Non-fiction

Guess we will find out at the state fair. The legal farm I grow for is submitting my strain to compete. I doubt anyone in Lake has the balls to submit a product. So, I will give Lake credit if they even try. Tell your friends though SC Labs tests properly and best of luck.

JayBeigh
JayBeigh
27 days ago
Reply to  Legallettuce

Looking forward to that LL. Love to see your hard work on a Cup. Best wishes.

27 days ago
Reply to  JayBeigh

Thanks JB but doubt I will be taking any trophies. I am a good grower with tight sticky stanky buds but compared to some of my neighbors they definately are way better than I. I am just mouthy but with reason, I have tested my stuff and the results were spectacular 25% THC for outdoor gas and mycene and bCap were off the charts. I will definately surpass the low bar as a good grower. Blessings friend, hope harvest was bountifu!l

Last edited 27 days ago by Legallettuce
Broke jack
Broke jack
Reply to  Farce

Yes metrc system is a failure. Big money grab by some techie w a program that government contracted. From what I heard Oklahoma rejected it as an agricultural requirement. also correct, many fuck ups by state on so many levels- yet each error brings lotof money to it that disappears faster than can be accounted for. county has been operating exactly the same since the test abatement program sweep of only a couple of roads to understand public reaction in 2017. The money went to general fund then disappeared and at same time community suffered massively from the test. today to my knowledge, when a farm files federal taxes, almost all is declared income and taxed w minimal business write offs due to the illegal business, which is a stake in coffin of small farms. now town has hardly any restaurants for dinner, social gatherings are bones with no meat, and most people I talk to are selling if possible the land they built their living on to go who knows where… thank the feds for their success of payment by the tech billionaires, thank the state for ghe wonderful example for better living through legalization, and thank the county… Read more »

Xebeche
Xebeche
Reply to  Farce

You mean the low life grandmothers and grandfathers eho made this all possible? The scum who built the Matteel and Redwoods Rural and all our local VFDs. Those black market scum?

Reply to  Xebeche

A+ response. His accusations fall flat when confronted by a veteran of the war on drugs. Also pointing out to him we never followed UNJUST laws prior to legalization, hellllllooooooooo!

Reply to  Legallettuce

Is it true that Sunshine died over a debt?

Redwood Dan
Redwood Dan
Reply to  Farce

Sunshine died because Bodie Tree was a fucking coward and a shitty excuse of a human being.

Reply to  Farce

Not really the platform to discuss and you know it’s a sensitive subject. In discussing our way of life; I can only say those that no longer walk amongst were all in the one place they would want to be in their final moments, no matter how tragic. Nothing more tragic than AJ’s killing or Scotty getting killed for just a few pounds. The song remains the same!

Reply to  Xebeche

Yes exactly!! All of my friends, neighbors and myself. What they have always called us. Even after “legalization” – if we could not afford the permits or our scenes were not big enough – we and our traditional market are still called those names. I wear it proudly. And I will always remind people- WE built this thing. Not some greenrusher permit pansies…

Reply to  Farce

It’s still our plant. Don’t fall prey to the corporate smear campaign. I just harvested some amazing bud and that’s what scares the wall street backed corporate model. Little old hill dude in his beat up rigs running around the hills of HUM/TRI growing dank ass weed. They can’t stop us and I just got offered a whole mountain to grow on. Yep they got money, tied up all the distribution and locked the legal mom and pops out of retail outlets, it’s called capitalism.

The more they drop the price below $1000. The more we get back to moving product the way we used to and the more real growers leave the legal side. The more interest corporate will pay and eventually go belly up. Unfortunately at the cost of grandma’s pension which by the way Farce is 80 billion dollars a year and they only making 20 billion.

shortjohnson
shortjohnson
27 days ago
Reply to  Legallettuce

what kills me the most is the dispensaries stil selling to Joe and Jane at 40/ 3.5 grams and calling it a deal cause its “smalls”. Your regular joe is buying floor sweepings for big bucks. The producers are left holding their ankles or in todays case, hog tied.

"This IS my full extension"
"This IS my full extension"
Reply to  Farce

Regulated distro are all going along with the same line:” oooh we can only pay you $450for AAA, We need 200 to come out there.. we’ll pay ya when it sells! You’re welcome!”

Lost Croat OutburstD
Lost Croat Outburst (@lostcroatoutburst)
Reply to  Farce

“Permit-pansy”? How about Conforming Cannabist? Yeah, it’s a mess. Conservatives can gloat that their complaints of over-regulation have now come home to roost on The cannabis industry. At least it’s not the utter hypocrisy of Modern Republicans, to throw away moral standards in service to DJT. But I digress. Re-legalization had to happen. That war was not fair and not sustainable.

Alcohol was re-legalized about 1930 and somehow we have all sorts of varieties, craft brewers and mega-brewers. We have small-batch mead, vodka, beer. Why can’t we work this out?

29 days ago

I may call farce out when I feel he is overboard but he is correct with the “permit pansy” narrative. Yea if ya went legal and branded your shit then stay in your lane. Kinda bullshit you get to hide behind legalization yet move your shit outta state. It would bother me more if it was competitive weed but you legals fucked that up when you fired the growers who basically built your business. Hmmmm, wonder where those growers went, lol……Fuck Legal!!!

Motorcycle rider who barely avoided this accident
Motorcycle rider who barely avoided this accident
Reply to  Legallettuce

Fuck black market. Fuck anyone who transports across state lines.
It’s really not necessary.
The market is just fine in California. Plus we are growing legal product for about $20 per lb invested.
Plenty of room to make money on that!

28 days ago

We don’t grow shake. The shit legal produces we used to have to bury when I was younger we considered it trash!

shortjohnson
shortjohnson
27 days ago

The stores are selling trash. Even my conserative brother who never grew a pansie/ petunia/ radish is now growing his own because there isnt a dispensary in So Cal with product like he remembers and appreciates. Hes resorted to growing super skunk and Jack H. because the dried up wedding cakes and runtz have lost all freshness. In friggin so cal where you can buy ripe produce all day long curbside. Not a decent bud to be found behind the counter.

Another dollar taken from the legal hacks.

Last edited 27 days ago by shortjohnson
c u 2morrowD
c u 2morrow (@cu2morrow)
29 days ago

see something, say something gone awry

ILoveplants
ILoveplants
29 days ago

I wonder if he had a transportation permit? In order to legally transport over an ounce, I thought you had to put it in the system, with the destination, amount and the time included. Were his pounds metric track n trace? Does he have a county and state cultivation permit? Where was he taking the pounds? So many questions…more examples of selective policing!

Last edited 29 days ago by ILoveplants
Rio
Rio
Reply to  ILoveplants

That’s what I was thinking. Just because it’s your weed doesn’t mean you can take it off your property. The whole system is f ed up

E=mc2
E=mc2 (@efox6845)
29 days ago

“A felony stop” That usually means guns drawn with backup. He must have been thinking WTF! And who ever called it in should be held liable

Reply to  E=mc2

I agree.

Rio
Rio
Reply to  E=mc2

Fu#k the weed police. Show me your papers

Reply to  E=mc2

At least he got a retraction.

Hmmm
Hmmm
29 days ago

Betcha Josh Sweet turned him in. After telling people on the town square they cant play guitar and they have to leave a public space of course.

Way to buy up town and let it go to crap dude! Awesome you own a motel that only your few workers stay at. Its going into disrepair and we have no shelter for homeless but sure, just let the place go to crap while folks start fires to stay warm. And hey thanks for helping with the vets hall….not.

This is why you dont let one or 2 people own everything.

Reply to  Hmmm

odds are the motel will be full with low income freeloaders at taxpayers expense only investment that might make him a profit in g-ville the money is in all the freebies being giving out by the government

Flawed Logic
Flawed Logic
Reply to  Hmmm

Why would you bring Josh Sweet into this? Progress requires vision and action to achieve change.

Other than Jim Johnson and Steve Dazey, Josh is the only person who has made any positive capital improvements to that town in the last 50 years.

You reject an idea of a safe and clean community that invites and accommodates tourism interest?

Is that a bad thing?

I can’t understand how investing into the physical well-being of town can be constructed into a negative.

If you have a different vision then put your time and money where your mouth is and do something about it.

[edit]

Senor
Senor
Reply to  Flawed Logic

Give me a break, the cartel has owned that town for years.. full on greed and dirty deals is all thT town is.

Flawed Logic
Flawed Logic
Reply to  Senor

Again, I’ll ask the same question.

It's real
It's real
Reply to  Flawed Logic

Sorry you forgot Paul Encimer, and Kathy Epling. True visionaries.

I like stars
I like stars
Reply to  It's real

I’ll bet the building where they had their bookstore, next to the laundry, still smells like a dirty cat box. Those who collect strays, whether cats, people, or other animals, need to be prepared to provide for their needs.

Reply to  I like stars

It burned down.

janelle
janelle

Opps.

Willie Caos-Mayham
Willie Caos-Mayham (@chosundkopererletzung)
29 days ago

🕯🌳”Andy is it time for me to use my one bullet?”🖖🖖

“Not as reported”

More common than you might think…

Now imagine it was him that they sicced the K-9 on…

Or that he was held captive for an extended period of time…

Or if he was subjected to some other irreparable harm…

Or his reputation was tarnished…

More common than you might think…

Chris.
Chris.
29 days ago

Grow a plant, Public, and be done with all the problem people (which are both sides of the industry). It’s the only way out of this mess.

Stillwantstoknow
Stillwantstoknow
28 days ago

What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world… yet lose his/her own soul.