Salmon Creek Marijuana Grows Hit by MET This Week
We’ve broken each watershed into its own post. For previous posts see:
- Overview of This Weeks Humboldt County MET Operation Plus Look at Redwood Creek
- MET Marijuana Raids This Week in the Steelhead/Powers Creek Watershed in the Fort Seward/Harris Area
A subsequent post about raids in northeastern Humboldt County is found here:
This is a press release from the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office. The information has not been proven in a court of law and any individuals described should be presumed innocent until proven guilty:
3. Salmon Creek Watershed
On July 21, 2021, teams served four warrants on parcels in the Salmon Creek Watershed. During the service of the warrants, deputies eradicated approximately 2,205 growing cannabis plants.
Assisting agencies found the following violations:
- Six (6) water diversion violations (up to $8,000 fine per day, per violation);
- Two (2) water pollution violations (up to $20,000 fine per day, per violation);
- Four (4) depositing trash in or near a waterway violations (up to $20,000 fine per day, per violation).
Ninety percent of waterflow being diverted from waterway.