Marijuana Enforcement Team Operation in Southern Humboldt
This is a press release from the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office. The information has not been proven in a court of law and any individuals described should be presumed innocent until proven guilty:
On May 25, 2021, deputies with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Marijuana Enforcement Team (MET) served five search warrants to investigate illegal cannabis cultivation in Southern Humboldt County. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Humboldt County Department of Health and Human Services Environmental Health – HazMat Unit, Humboldt County Code Enforcement, CAL FIRE and the California State Water Resources Control Board assisted in the service of the warrants.
Five parcels were investigated during the service of the warrants. The parcels did not possess the required county permit and state license to cultivate cannabis commercially.
During the service of the warrants, deputies eradicated approximately 21,028 growing cannabis plants. Deputies seized and destroyed over 40 pounds of cannabis bud. Deputies also located and seized one firearm.
Assisting agencies found the following violations:
- Six water diversion violations (up to $8,000 fine per day, per violation)
- Sixteen depositing trash in or near a waterway violations (up to $20,000 fine per day, per violation)
Additional violations with civil fines are expected to be filed by the assisting agencies.
No arrests were made during the service of the warrant. The case will be forwarded to the Humboldt County District Attorney’s Office for review.
Anyone with information about this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.
MET Operations Earlier This Year:
- January 14: MET Arrests Man for Illegal Cannabis Cultivation
- February 3: 68,217 Marijuana Plants Located in Fortuna Storage
- March 12: Over 4000 Growing Marijuana Plants Found When CDFW Served Two Search Warrants Near Island Mountain Yesterday
- March 23: In the Carlotta area
- March 24: Swarm of Law Enforcement in Tiny SoHum Town of Phillipsville
- March 24: Convoy at Property in Salmon Creek
- MET Served Search Warrants in the Carlotta and Blocksburg Areas Tuesday
- Two Fawns Found Shot at Marijuana Grow Near Dinsmore Today When Search Warrant Was Served, Says HCSO
- Swarm of Law Enforcement in Tiny SoHum Town of Phillipsville
- Phillipsville Marijuana Raid on Wednesday Connected to Island Mountain Grows
- Marijuana Enforcement Team Releases Information on Operation in Salmon Creek Last Week
- Warrant Served at Eureka Home Today Tied to Vehicle Stopped in Utah With Marijuana, Says HCSO
- Marijuana Enforcement Team Operation in Eureka
- Nearly $100,000 Seized During Yesterday’s MET Raid in the Dinsmore Area
- Two Arrested When MET and HCDF Bust Eureka Residence After Complaints
- Marijuana Enforcement Team Says They Served Warrant on Indoor Grow, Found Evidence of Utility Theft
- Marijuana Enforcement Team Operation in Rancho Sequoia, Dobyn Creek areas
- Marijuana Enforcement Team Operation in Burr Valley
- Marijuana Enforcement Team Operation in Blake Mountain Finds Nearly 2000 Plants
- MET Finds Firearms and Almost 8000 Growing Plants at One site in Myers Flat
- May 25: Convoy in Rancho Sequoia Today
- May 26: Sheriff’s Convoy Gathering in Benbow This Morning