1 Death, 18 New Cases Reported Today
Press release from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center:
A Humboldt County resident has died with COVID-19, and 18 additional cases of the virus were reported today. A total of 4,002 county residents have tested positive.
The person who died was in their 70s. Staff in the Emergency Operations Center and at Public Health extend their condolences to the individual’s friends, family and loved ones.
County Tops 100,000 Vaccine Doses Administered
Humboldt County Public Health and other approved local vaccinators have administered 107,228 doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Local vaccination data on the Data Dashboard has been updated. Some highlights include:
- 55.4% of Humboldt County residents ages 16 and older who currently qualify for vaccination have received at least one vaccine dose, meaning they have some protection against the virus. 45.8% of the county’s total population have received at least one dose.
- 44.1% of residents ages 16 and older and 36.5% of the total population are fully vaccinated.
- 18.1% of county residents in the 16-19 age group are fully vaccinated, an increase of more than 10% from the previous week and the largest weekly increase of any age group.
Public Health No Longer Certifying Event Plans;
Organizers Should Still Follow Safety Measures
As more of the state reopens, Public Health will no longer certify private or public event plans. Event organizers and attendees should continue to follow the state’s industry guidance under the “Blueprint for a Safer Economy.”
Anyone with questions about planning events can contact their local jurisdiction:
- City of Eureka: [email protected] or 707-441-4178
- City of Fortuna: [email protected] or 707-725-1455
- City of Blue Lake: [email protected] or 707-668-5655
- City of Rio Dell: [email protected] or 707-764-3532
- City of Trinidad: [email protected] or 707-677-0223
- City of Arcata: [email protected] or 707-822-7091
- City of Ferndale: [email protected] or 707-496-7005
- Unincorporated areas: [email protected] or call 707-441-5000.
Businesses should still file Business Reopening Plans with the Humboldt County Office of Economic Development. For more information, visit humboldtgov.org/2911/Guidance-for-industry-and-events.
For the most recent COVID-19 information, visit cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or by contacting [email protected] or calling 707-441-5000.
Sign up for COVID-19 vaccination: MyTurn.ca.gov
Check for vaccine availability at a local pharmacy: Vaccines.gov
Local COVID-19 vaccine information: humboldtgov.org/VaccineInfo
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/Dashboard
Follow us on Facebook: @HumCoCOVID19
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert