Trinity County Confirmed New Case of COVID
Press release from Trinity County Health and Human Services:
This morning, September 14th, Trinity County Public Health Branch (TCPHB) received lab confirmation of a symptomatic individual who tested positive for COVID- 19 in Trinity County.
TCPHB COVID-19 Surveillance and Control Team (SCT) is currently conducting case investigations and contact tracing to ensure all exposed persons are identified and notified. All close contacts and other exposed persons will be quarantined and monitored for symptoms by PHB-SCT.
As a reminder, the need to practice social distancing of at least 6 feet, frequent hand washing and sanitizing of surfaces, as well as wearing a face covering when out in public remains essential in preventing the spread of COVID-19. It is recommended that all Trinity County residents obtain testing through Verily testing sites or other testing resources.
COVID-19 TESTING RESOURCES
Residents can schedule a COVID-19 test at the following community-based testing locations:
OptumServe Testing Sites (all ages):
- Shasta County – 11555 Old Oregon Trail, Redding CA 96003
- Humboldt County – 3750 Harris Street Eureka CA 95503
Tests at OptumServe sites are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Times vary, evening appointments available. To schedule an appointment: Call 1-888-634-1123 or https://lhi.care/covidtesting
*Drive-Thru Project Baseline Testing Sites (18 years or older):
- Hayfork – 6000 State Hwy 3 (Trinity County Fairgrounds)
- Lewiston – 71 Turnpike Road (Lewiston Moose Lodge)
- Weaverville – 101 Arbuckle Court (Trinity Performing Arts Center)
- Redding – Locations vary, see Project Baseline website for details
Tests at Verily are by APPOINMENT ONLY. To schedule an appointment: Visit www.projectbaseline.com/covid-19 or call Trinity County Public Health Branch at (530) 623 – 8235. Dates and locations vary; visit www.trinitycounty.org/mobile-test to view the testing schedule. Appointments can be made up to 7 days prior to testing date as well as same day appointments.
* Testing sites in other areas of the County may be added as need arises. The TCPHB will put out a Public Service Announcement to inform the public of added locations. Also please refer to the Trinitycounty.org website for the locations and times of Drive-thru testing.
The following clinics are providing COVID-19 testing for their patients of all ages by
APPOINTMENT ONLY (providers will bill your insurance):
Clinic Based Testing Locations:
- Dr. Donald E. Krouse, MD – (530) 623-3735
- Hayfork Community Clinic – (530) 628-5517
- Southern Trinity Health Services – (707) 574-6616
- Trinity Community Clinic – (530) 623-4186
- Willow Creek Community Health Center – (530) 629-311 All client information is kept confidential under the law.
For local information and statistics or to find additional resources visit www.trinitycounty.org.