Largest Report of New Positive Cases in Humboldt County at One Time With 12 New Cases Today on July 27
Press release from Humboldt County COVID19 – Joint Information Center:
Humboldt County’s total COVID-19 case count rose to 217, as 12 additional cases have been reported. While this is the largest single-day increase since the outbreak began, today’s report includes all new cases since Friday’s report.
Since last Monday’s update of case distribution by age, 28 cases have been diagnosed locally. Two of those were reported in people over the age of 50, while 26 were between the ages of 0 and 49.
Humboldt County Health Officer Dr. Teresa Frankovich pointed out that the long-term impacts of COVID-19 are unknown even for relatively healthy people. “We’ve seen many positive cases associated with gatherings of friends and related to travel,” Dr. Frankovich said. “I’d ask everyone to consider their own health and the health of their loved ones, especially those who are medically vulnerable before getting together with friends. It’s vital that we all do what we can to limit spread of this virus.”
Today’s alert level stands at a three. Visit humboldtgov.org/dashboard to view the county’s Alert Level Assessment tool.
For the most recent COVID-19 information, visit cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or during business hours by contacting [email protected] or calling 707-441-5000.
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/dashboard,
Follow us on Facebook: @HumCoCOVID19,
Twitter: @HumCoCOVID19, and
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert
Redheaded Blackbelt’s most recent stories about COVID-19, click here.
Earlier Test Results:
- No Additional Cases Today, June 30
- Three New Cases Today, July 1
- Two New Positive Tests in Humboldt County on July 2
- Six New Cases Today July 3: Frankovich Points to Visits and the Cannabis Industry
- Five New Cases Reported Today, July 6
- Five New Cases Reported Today, July 7; Dr. Frankovich Cautions SoHum That ‘a number of people have contracted the virus there’
- Three Humboldt County Residents Test Positive Today; Six Out of County People Also Test Positive
- Four New Positive Tests in Humboldt County Today on July 9
- Four Additional Cases Reported Today, July 10
- No New Positive Cases in Humboldt County on July 13
- Two New Positive Cases in Humboldt County July 14
- Eight New Positive Cases in Humboldt County on July 15
- Three New COVID-19 Cases Reported Today, July 16: New Alert Level Provided by County Public Health on Dashboard
- Three New Cases Reported Today, July 17
- Eight New Cases Today, July 20
- Six More Positive Cases Found in Humboldt County Today, July 21
- Five New Cases of COVID-19 Identified in Humboldt County on July 22
- Three New Cases Today July 23
- Two New Cases Today July 24; Threat Level Increases to Three