Drug Enforcement Unit Serves Warrant Near Blocksburg
On Oct. 3, 2018, deputies with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) served one search warrant to investigate illegal cannabis cultivation in the Blocksburg area. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife, the California State Water Board and the Humboldt County Planning and Building Department assisted in the service of the warrant.
The parcel investigated, located on the 36,000 block of Alderpoint Road, did not possess the required county permit and state license to cultivate cannabis commercially.
During the service of the warrant, deputies eradicated approximately 2,139 growing cannabis plants.
Assisting agencies found the following violations:
– One water diversion violation (up to $8,000 fine per day, per violation)
– One stream alteration violation (up to $8,000 fine per day, per violation)
– One sediment pollution violation (up to $20,000 fine per day, per violation)
– One fuel pollution violation (up to $20,000 fine per day, per violation)
– One depositing trash in or near a waterway violation (up to $20,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Dredging/Filling without a permit violations ($5,000-$10,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Improper storage and removal of solid waste violations (up to $25,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Commercial cannabis ordinance violations (up to $10,000 fine per day)
– Streamside management violations
No arrests were made during the service of the warrant. Additional violations with civil fines are expected to be filed by the assisting agencies.
Anyone with information about this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the
Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.
Update from HCSO:
We’d like to add one thing to this press release for clarification purposes.
While serving the warrant, deputies on scene observed a water diversion occurring on Martin Creek (as seen in the photographs provided). Martin Creek is a tributary to Larabee Creek, which is a tributary to the Van Duzen River.