Nearly 5000 Marijuana Plants Chopped in Today’s Raid in Southern Humboldt
This is a press release from the Humboldt County Drug Enforcement Unit. The information has not been proven in a court of law and any individuals described should be presumed innocent until proven guilty:
On Sept. 24, 2018, deputies with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) served one search warrant to investigate illegal cannabis cultivation in the Southern Humboldt area. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife, the Humboldt County Environmental Health and HAZMAT Unit, the California State Water Board and the Humboldt County Planning and Building Department assisted in the service of the warrant.
One parcel was investigated during the service of the warrant. The parcel, located on Tooby Ranch Road in the east branch watershed of the Eel River, did not possess the required county permit and state license to cultivate cannabis commercially.
During the service of the warrant, deputies eradicated approximately 4,988 growing cannabis plants. Deputies seized and destroyed approximately 596 pounds of cannabis shake. Deputies also located and seized three firearms.
Assisting agencies found the following violations:
– One water diversion violation (up to $8,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Nine stream crossing violations (up to $8,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Three water pollution violations (up to $20,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Failure to establish a Hazardous Materials Business Plan violation (up to $5,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Commercial cannabis ordinance violations (up to $10,000 fine per day)
Additional violations with civil fines are expected to be filed by the assisting agencies.
Anyone with information about this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the
Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.