Thousands of Marijuana Plants, Thousands of Pounds Found During Raid on the Woods Ranch Yesterday
Press release from the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU):
On August 21, 2018, deputies with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) served one search warrant to investigate illegal cannabis cultivation in the Wood Ranch Road area of Southern Humboldt. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Humboldt County Environmental Health and HAZMAT Unit, Humboldt County Planning and Building Department and the State Water Board assisted in the service of the warrants.
Three parcels were investigated during the service of the warrant. The parcels did not possess nor were in the process of actively obtaining a commercial cannabis permit with the County of Humboldt.
During the service of the warrant, deputies eradicated approximately 21,053 growing cannabis plants. Deputies also seized and destroyed over 3,400 pounds of cannabis bud, over 2,800 pounds of cannabis shake, approximately 275 pounds of processed cannabis and approximately 57 pounds of pre-rolled cannabis joints. Deputies also located approximately 10 pounds of vape pens, an approximately 69-pound box of vape cartridges and approximately 2,700 gallons of diesel stored on the property.
Assisting agencies found the following violations:
– Two stream alteration violations (up to $8,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Two depositing trash in or near a waterway violations (up to $20,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Failure to establish a Hazardous Materials Business Plan (up to $5,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Aboveground storage tank in operation with no Spill Prevention Countermeasure and Control (SPCC) plan (up to $5,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Commercial cannabis ordinance violations (up to $10,000 fine per day)
– Improper storage and removal of solid waste violations (up to $25,000 fine per day, per violation)
No arrests were made during the service of the warrants. Additional violations with civil fines are expected to be filed by the assisting agencies.
Anyone with information about this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.