Firefighters Doing Large Backfires to Contain the Mendocino Complex
The Mendocino Complex continues to grow. It is now 410,482 acres. It grew about 6000 acres since yesterday morning and is still only 74% contained. However, firefighters have taken advantage of the higher humidity and slightly lower temperatures to conduct some very large backfiring operations which along with dozer lines are in place to strangle the fire and bring up containment numbers.
For more information on evacuations and road closures, click here or see the evacuation map below.
The Ranch Fire continued to burn in the north and northeastern portions of the fire area overnight. Firefighters continue to conduct
firing operations and build containment lines around the fire area. Expect additional firing operations to occur today as conditions
permit. Fire activity is expected to increase in the afternoon as temperatures rise and relative humidity decreases.
No growth is expected now in the southern half of the fire.
The River Fire is now completely contained. Total acreage on the fire is 48,920.
Temperatures are continuing the slight cooling trend. Expect them to be in the high eighties today. Humidity is better than it has been and will help fire fighters.
All major roads are open throughout the Mendocino Complex. However, many smaller roads are closed so check Cal Fire for the latest.
- Mendocino Complex Operations Map –to see details either zoom or click on the map and download a pdf.
KMZ Map–Zoom for detail or for 3D imagery, click on the map and download a file that connects with your Google Earth program.
Evacuation Map: to see details either zoom or click on the map and download a pdf.
- Redwoods Rural Health Center in Redway is a Pay It Forward donation center. Call and ask first what they are accepting.
- Mandatory Evacuations for River Fire 4000 Acres / Ranch Fire Grown to 1000 Acres
- Thousands Without Electricity in Lake and Mendocino County as Major Wildfires Rage
- Mendocino Complex Devours Almost 25,000 Acres (Maps, Photos)
- Hwy 20 Closed as Ranch Fire Runs Out of Control
- More Evacuations as Both Fires of the Mendocino Complex Plow Deeper Into Lake County
- The Two Fiery Claws of the Mendocino Complex Squeeze Clear Lake and Its Communities (Maps, Photos)
- Kelseyville and Finley Area Ordered to Immediately Evacuate as River Fire Rushes Southeast
- The Mendocino Complex: Nearly 75,000 Acres Burned, 12% Contained [Maps, Photos]
- The Mendocino Complex: Still Burning Hot and Fast
- Mendocino County Fights Back Onslaught of Fires, But the Complex Grew Almost 20,000 Acres Yesterday
- The Mendocino Complex: Maps, Photos, Videos
- SR 175 Reopened in Lake County as River Fire Heads North
- Mendocino Complex Grew Around 50,000 Acres Yesterday [Maps, Photos]
- Marijuana Growers Arrested After Choosing to Water Plants Rather Than Evacuate, Says Lake County Sheriff’s Office
- Massive Mendocino Complex Now Fifth Largest in California History as It Jumps to Over 250,000 Acres [Maps, Videos, Photos]
- The Mendocino Complex Rolls Through New Land (Maps, Photos)
- Mendocino Complex Grows to 290,000 Acres Making It the Largest Fire in Modern California History [Maps]
- Mendocino Complex Is Now Over 300,000 Acres
- Hwy 20 Reopens
- Massive Mendocino Complex Slows But Red Flag Warning Weather Begins This Afternoon [Maps]
- Firefighters and Law Enforcement Keep Watchful Eyes on the Mendocino Complex
- Mendocino Complex Rolls Northward Taking Around 13,000 Acres [Maps]
- Fighting Flames, Saving Houses, Feeding Pigs…It’s All in the Job Description of a Firefighter
- Now the Largest Single Fire in Modern California History, the Ranch Fire on the Mendocino Complex Continues to Grow
- Tragedy on the Mendocino Complex; Authorities Announce Firefighter fatality
- Mendocino Complex Claims the Life of One Firefighter and More Acres
- Glenn County Issues Mandatory Evacuation Notices As Mendocino Complex Continues to Grow
- Name of Firefighter Killed on the Mendocino Complex Has Been Released
- Deadly Mendocino Complex Captures More Land Growing Over 9,000 Acres Yesterday
- Procession Today in Ukiah to Honor Fallen Firefighter
- Containment Rises to 76% on the Mendocino Complex
- Conquering New Territory, The Mendocino Complex Marches North
- The Mendocino Complex Slows it’s Rampage But Is Still Growing
- Mendocino Complex Grows Slowly and Firefighters Expand Containment
- New Evacuation Orders Issued as the Ranch Fire Races East on the Mendocino Complex
- More Firefighters Injured and Containment Drops as the Monstrous Mendocino Complex Chews Through Nearly Half of Lake County