The Mendocino Complex Slows it’s Rampage But Is Still Growing
According to the Northern California Geographic Coordination Center, “There is still 59 miles of uncontrolled fireline threatening multiple communities. Threat to Lake Pillsbury Basin, FAA communication link control tower and powerline infrastructure.”
For more information on evacuations and road closures, click here or see the evacuation map below.
Overnight, the fire grew slightly on the northern portion of the Ranch fire with some active areas experiencing creeping and backing fire behavior. Crews continue to make progress in the northern portion of the fire with mop up and construction of containment lines.
No growth is expected now in the south half of the fire.
The River Fire is now completely contained. Total acreage on the fire is 48,920.
Firefighters are expecting temperatures in the high nineties and even the triple digits today. Smoke, of course, is expected, too.
All major roads are open throughout the Mendocino Complex. However, many smaller roads are closed so check Cal Fire for the latest.
- Mendocino Complex Operations Map –to see details either zoom or click on the map and download a pdf.
KMZ Map–Zoom for detail or for 3D imagery, click on the map and download a file that connects with your Google Earth program.
- Redwoods Rural Health Center in Redway is a Pay It Forward donation center. Call and ask first what they are accepting.
- Mandatory Evacuations for River Fire 4000 Acres / Ranch Fire Grown to 1000 Acres
- Thousands Without Electricity in Lake and Mendocino County as Major Wildfires Rage
- Mendocino Complex Devours Almost 25,000 Acres (Maps, Photos)
- Hwy 20 Closed as Ranch Fire Runs Out of Control
- More Evacuations as Both Fires of the Mendocino Complex Plow Deeper Into Lake County
- The Two Fiery Claws of the Mendocino Complex Squeeze Clear Lake and Its Communities (Maps, Photos)
- Kelseyville and Finley Area Ordered to Immediately Evacuate as River Fire Rushes Southeast
- The Mendocino Complex: Nearly 75,000 Acres Burned, 12% Contained [Maps, Photos]
- The Mendocino Complex: Still Burning Hot and Fast
- Mendocino County Fights Back Onslaught of Fires, But the Complex Grew Almost 20,000 Acres Yesterday
- The Mendocino Complex: Maps, Photos, Videos
- SR 175 Reopened in Lake County as River Fire Heads North
- Mendocino Complex Grew Around 50,000 Acres Yesterday [Maps, Photos]
- Marijuana Growers Arrested After Choosing to Water Plants Rather Than Evacuate, Says Lake County Sheriff’s Office
- Massive Mendocino Complex Now Fifth Largest in California History as It Jumps to Over 250,000 Acres [Maps, Videos, Photos]
- The Mendocino Complex Rolls Through New Land (Maps, Photos)
- Mendocino Complex Grows to 290,000 Acres Making It the Largest Fire in Modern California History [Maps]
- Mendocino Complex Is Now Over 300,000 Acres
- Hwy 20 Reopens
- Massive Mendocino Complex Slows But Red Flag Warning Weather Begins This Afternoon [Maps]
- Firefighters and Law Enforcement Keep Watchful Eyes on the Mendocino Complex
- Mendocino Complex Rolls Northward Taking Around 13,000 Acres [Maps]
- Fighting Flames, Saving Houses, Feeding Pigs…It’s All in the Job Description of a Firefighter
- Now the Largest Single Fire in Modern California History, the Ranch Fire on the Mendocino Complex Continues to Grow
- Tragedy on the Mendocino Complex; Authorities Announce Firefighter fatality
- Mendocino Complex Claims the Life of One Firefighter and More Acres
- Glenn County Issues Mandatory Evacuation Notices As Mendocino Complex Continues to Grow
- Name of Firefighter Killed on the Mendocino Complex Has Been Released
- Deadly Mendocino Complex Captures More Land Growing Over 9,000 Acres Yesterday
- Procession Today in Ukiah to Honor Fallen Firefighter
- Containment Rises to 76% on the Mendocino Complex
- Conquering New Territory, The Mendocino Complex Marches North