299 Open to Through Traffic With Some Delays
STATE ROUTE 299 BETWEEN REDDING AND WEAVERVILLE IS
OPEN [TO] THRU TRAFFIC
Today, Thursday August 16, 2018, Construction activities will continue, the traveling public will have through access under one-way traffic control when the contractor deems it necessary with five important items to be extremely cautious about:
1. The emergency contractor and subcontractors will be working on State Route 299 Monday through Saturday from 6:30 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. at spot locations. Traffic control operations will be in place at these various locations, requiring vehicles to stop, slow down, and follow a pilot car.
2. Fire vehicles and utility vehicles continue having priority access as fire containment continues and repairing damaged areas require quick vehicle access.
3. The California Highway Patrol will have a strong presence to ensure people drive safely and for other public safety issues.
4. With some exceptions, crews will be off on Sundays but the need to slow down and drive carefully still applies.
5. The traveling public will encounter regulatory, advisory and construction signs indicating speed limits. The signs may be on barricades.
Caltrans District 2 is informing the public through the “Caltrans District 2” page on Facebook and “@CaltransD2” on Twitter, via Caltrans.ca.gov, the (530) 225-3425 hotline and through ono-on-one customer service via telephone to those who call (530)
225-3426 during business hours.