Roads Update: Snow on 299, Flooding and Tree Down on County Roads
Traffic is backed up on Hwy 299 at Berry Summit even though the road looks relatively clear in that area. There is an accident in the area.
Here’s a look at the roadways:
- Hwy 1: Open
- Hwy 3: Snowy but no chains currently required.
- Hwy 20: Open
- Hwy 36: Snowy but no chains currently required.
- Hwy 96: Open
- Hwy 101: Open
- HWY 162: Open
- Hwy 169: Open
- Hwy 199: Open but slightly snowy. (See Caltrans Traffic Cam)
- Hwy 211: Open (Check out the Fernbridge live cam)
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants): Open
- Hwy 255: Open
- Hwy 271: Open
- Hwy 299: (See Quickmap for more information)
- Berry Summit was pretty white at 6:15 p.m. as seen below but is clearing as seen in the top photo. See traffic cam for the latest.
Humboldt County Roads:
Here is what we know now. As we learn more, we will add the information below.
- Berta Road, south of Eureka, is closed to cars due to flooding.
- Mill Street, south of Fortuna, closed due to a 150′ tall downed tree and PG&E lines, according to scanner traffic. There are 124 customers in the area without power, according to PG&E.