[UPDATE 1:58 p.m.] Roads Mostly Open But Still Some Trouble Spots and Snow Showers Possible
Most main roads are open but there are some trouble spots. Here’s what we know.
- Hwy 1: Multiple vehicles reported stuck in the snow, according to the CHP Traffic Incident Information Page.
- Hwy 3: No traffic restrictions reported but there are snow plows (See Quickmap for more information)
- Hwy 20: Open
- Hwy 36: Chains required from east of Van Duzen Road to Knob.(See Quickmap for more information)
- Hwy 96: No traffic restrictions reported
- Hwy 101: Open.
- HWY 162: Open
- Hwy 169: No traffic restrictions reported
- Hwy 199: No traffic restrictions reported(See Caltrans Traffic Cam).
- Hwy 211: Open (Check out the Fernbridge live cam)
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants): Open
- Hwy 255: Open
- Hwy 271: Open
- Hwy 299: No traffic restrictions reported(See Quickmap for more information)
Humboldt County Roads:
Here is what we know now. As we learn more, we will add the information below.
The following roads are opened with conditions: Southern Humboldt County Roads are all open but please carry chains with the exception of Dyerville Loop Road that is still being plowed and Wilder Ridge Road. Here is more specific information about individual county roads.
- Bald Hills Rd 4 inches new snow. Rd open with chains required.
- Barrys Rd road open, chains Required.
- Bair Rd 4 closed between Stover Road intersection to Hoopa Valley–299 to Stover open, carry chains (2:50 p.m.)
- Dyerville Loop Road: Will be plowed by the end of the day but snow is very deep. One report of the road being blocked up past the Eel Rock turn off due to downed power lines.
- Horse Mountain Road (aka Titlow Hill Road) – chains required on all vehicles
- Mattole/Bull Creek Road—Reports of issues but nothing official
- Meridian Road closed at post mile 0.75
- McCann Road – Ferry is running
- Titlow Hill Snow Report: 14″ fresh snow, open to the towers, everyone carry chains
- Wilder Ridge Road-Denton Carrick from County Roads says the road is open to Harrow Road (Spelling?) There are trees and power lines down. County crews are working on the road from both ends. Carrick says it should be open by the end of today.