Roads in the Emerald Counties: Snow/Down Trees, Etc.
Snow and ice are impacting roads this morning. Here’s what we know. Please let us know of any issues that drivers should be aware of.
- Hwy 1: Open
- Hwy 3: Chains required (See Quickmap for more information)
- Hwy 20: Open
- Hwy 36: Chains required in the areas of Peanut and Platina (See Quickmap for more information)
- Hwy 96: Open
- Hwy 101:
- Icy conditions between Laytonville and Willits
- Icy conditions near Myers Flat (One northbound lane closed due to accident as of 8 a.m.)
- Another accident as of 8 near Clam Beach
- HWY 162: Open
- Hwy 169: Open
- Hwy 199: Open
- Hwy 211: Open (Check out the Fernbridge live cam)
Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants):
- A tan oak fell across the Avenue of the Giants just south of the Hidden Springs Campground between Myers Flat and Miranda. Anyone got a chainsaw?
- Hwy 255: Open
- Hwy 271: Open
Humboldt County Roads:
Here’s what we know. But we believe there are more issues. As we learn details, we will add the information below.
- Alderpoint Road: 4×4 and snow tires carry chains
- Kings Peak Road: Chains Advised but not required.