[UPDATE: Other Important Information for Evacuees] Some Evacuation Orders Lifted in Redwood Valley; Repopulation Begins at Noon
This is a press release from the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office:
Redwood Valley in the following areas:
· South of Tomki Road. This includes all feeder roads in Redwood Valley area south from of the intersection of Tomki Rd at East/West Rd
Willits in the following areas:
· Pine Mountain Subdivision
· All areas between Eastside Rd and Tomki Rd south of Canyon Rd
Potter Valley in the following areas:
· West of the intersection of Gibson Ln and Hawn Creek Rd
· West of the intersection of Busch Ln and N. Busch Rd
· Shale Lane north of Potter Valley Rd
The following road closures will be in effect:
· Tomki Rd at East/West Rd
· Laughlin Way at Bakers Creek Rd – Safety Checkpoint
· West Road at Laughlin Way – Safety Checkpoint
· East Road at Held Road – Safety Checkpoint
· Tomki Rd at creek crossing north of Redwood Valley
· Old Boy Scout Rd at the Y
· Bear Canyon Creek Rd at Mariposa Creek Rd
· Ridgeway Hwy at Oat Gap Rd
· Eel River Road at Old Logging Rd
· Eel River Rd south of Stroh Ranch
· Busch Ln at N Busch Rd – Safety Checkpoint
· Hawn Creek Rd at Gibson Ln – Safety Checkpoint
Evacuation ORDERS for these areas are lifted, but will remain under an EVACUATION WARNING. Residents should be prepared to evacuate again should conditions change. Intersections with SAFETY CHECKPOINTS will provide safety equipment and information for returning residents.
Roads Info from the Mendocino Sheriff’s Office:
Road Closures for the Redwood Valley and Potter Valley communities will continue to be in effect.
These road closures (you will not be able to pass this location) will be located at:
1. Tomki Road at Cave Creek Road
2. Tomki Road at West/East Road
3. Eel River Road at Oat Gap
4. Potter Valley Road south of Stroh Ranch
We appreciate your continued patience. Stay aware of your surroundings.
Safety Check Information from the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office:
MEDIA ADVISORY/NEWS RELEASE
DATE: “October 15, 2017”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Incident Number: Mendocino Lake Complex Fire
Crime/Incident: Safety Check Locations
Location: Redwood Valley and Potter Valley communiites
Date of Incident: October 15, 2017
Victim(s): Not applicable
Suspect(s): Not Applicable
Written By: Lieutenant Kirk R. Mason
Some remaining evacuated residents of Redwood Valley, Potter Valley and Pine Mountain will be able to return to their property beginning at 12:00 (noon) on October 15, 2017.
For returning residents in the Redwood Valley and Potter Valley communities, there will be safety checks. Personal protective equipment will be available at the controlled entrances, as well as safety information. It is highly recommended that you wear protective clothing.
Safety check locations are as follows:
1. Laughlin Way at Bakers Creek Road
2. West Road at Laughlin Way
3. East Road at Held Road
4. Busch Lane at Powerhouse Road
5. Gibson Lane at Hawn Creek Road
Allow ample time and anticipate slow traffic.
Be sure to make any necessary notifications to your insurance company before disturbing any damaged or destroyed property.
We appreciate your patience. Stay aware of your surroundings.
New Evacuation Center to Open–One to Close:
Effective noon today the evacuation center at the Ukiah High School will close and relocate to:
1000 Hensley Creek Road
Ukiah Ca. 95482
The new location will open at 1:00 PM today.