Maps, Photos, Numbers for the Mendocino, Napa, and Sonoma Fires: Three Are Now in the Top 20 Deadliest in California History
MAPS:Below are the most recent maps available as of 8 a.m. Saturday morning. Click on the thumbnail images of each map to be taken to a pdf. Usually, in the lower right-hand corner of each expanded map, you can see the time and date that the information to create each map was collected.
The Mendocino/Lake Complex:
We also have a KMZ file that can be viewed in Google Earth if you have access: 20171013_0214_MendocinoLakesComplex_CAMEU012169
Looking north from Upper Powerhouse Gibson lane at 3 on October 11. [Photo by Hannah Foster]
Eight are confirmed dead in the Redwood Valley Fire. There were none killed in the Sulphur Fire. The fires combined are stretched over approximately 36,500 but are now 27% contained. Over 350 residences were destroyed and 188 minor structures were also destroyed. Below is today’s fact sheet on the Sulphur and Redwood Fires.:10-14-17 AM Fact Sheet
The Central LNU Complex in Sonoma:
We also have a KMZ file of the entire Central LNU Complex which includes the Tubbs Fire in Santa Rosa that can be viewed in Google Earth if you have access:20171014_CentralLNUComplex_IR
Nuns pdf is here.
Pocket pdf is here.
The Southern LNU Complex in Napa County:
We also have a KMZ file of the entire Southern LNU Complex which includes the Atlas Fire that can be viewed in Google Earth if you have access:20171014_Atlas_IR
Help for those affected by the fires:
- FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers DRCs https://www.disasterassistance.gov/ For more information about this program, click this: https://www.gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=20023
- Applications for help and places to donate https://www.ncoinc.org/
- Donate at the Redwood Credit Union North Bay Fire Relief Fund. “100% of your tax-deductible donations will go directly to support those affected. When you donate, you can choose to support any of the four counties affected: Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, or Lake. You may also designate “all” and your funds will be equally distributed among all four counties. ” https://www.redwoodcu.org/
- Or check out Pay It Forward Humboldt: https://www.facebook.com/payitforwardhumboldt/
More Information in Related Stories–from the earliest story at the top to the most recent at the bottom: Note: the link list was getting too long so we’ve eliminated the earliest stories. However, click on one of the early links below to see a list of stories from the beginning of the fires.
- 8 Confirmed Dead in Mendocino Lake Complex, More Fatalities Expected, Dangerous Fire Conditions Starting Tomorrow
- 31 Confirmed Dead in Wildfires That Broke Out Earlier This Week: Maps
- Three of Those Dead in the Redwood Fire Identified
- Some Communities Evacuated in the Redwood Fire Allowed to Head Home
- Mendocino Sheriff Warns, Phone Scammers Trying to Get Personal Info From Donors Seeking to Help Fire Victims
- SoHum Friends Moved to Santa Rosa; Can You Help Get in Touch With Them After the Fire? Asks Reader
- Body Cam Footage From an Officer in Sonoma County as He Rushed to Evacuate People While Flames Engulfed Their Homes