Public Workshop in Willow Creek on Proposed Revisions to the County’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance, etc.
On Wednesday, Oct. 18 beginning at 5:30 pm, Supervisor Ryan Sundberg and the Humboldt County Planning and Building Department will be hosting a public workshop in Willow Creek on proposed revisions to the county’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance (CCLUO), and the associated Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR).
A sampling of the principal changes to County code being considered in the ordinance include:
- Repeal of the current permit application deadline (12/31/16) to allow for submittal of applications for commercial cannabis activities, including cultivation
- Broadening the scope of the current regulations to encompass commercial cannabis activities for recreational users authorized under the recent passage of the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA)
- Providing for a greater diversity of areas where cannabis cultivation will be allowed to expand or occur
- Developing performance standards for controlling odor and other impacts from cannabis activities
- Special requirements/limitations for projects located within spheres of influence or community areas
More detail about the policies being reviewed at the hearings and the DEIR is on the county’s website.
In the matter of Proposed Amendments to Humboldt County Code Regulating Commercial Cannabis Activities
DATE: Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 5:30 – 8:00 pm
LOCATION: Trinity Valley Elementary School Gymnasium
730 N. Highway 96
Willow Creek, CA 95573