Redwood Complex Fire: 19,000 Acres, 0% Contained
“[Cell] phone and landlines are not functioning,” said Tricia Austin, Fire Prevention Specialist I with Cal Fire explaining why it is difficult to get information out to the public.
Winds reversed course this afternoon blowing away hopes that Hwy 101 could reopen today. Caltrans District 1 stated, “U.S. 101 remains closed in Mendocino County between Redwood Valley and Willits.”Multiple people have been evacuated all the way to a few miles east of Willits. See here for a map of the evacuations.
Firefighters and nearby residents face another dark, dry night lit by the glow of orange flames. It will be hard to rest.
More Information on Major Fire Incident Stories From Oct 9:
- Hwy 20 Closed Due to Fire
- Major Fire in Mendocino Joins Others Whipping Across Northern California; 101 Closing
- Major Fires Breaking Out in Northern California: Structures and Vehicles Burning, Evacuations Ongoing, Victims Injured, Roads Closed
- Redwood Valley North of Ukiah on Fire: Evacuations, Multiple Structures Burned, Serious Injuries
- Potter Fire: 1500 Acres, 11 Structures Confirmed Destroyed
- TV and Phone Services Down on the West Coast
- Fire Hits Just Above the Belt: Overview of the Fires Burning From Mendocino to Sonoma
- One Dead, Multiple Structures Burned, Numerous Injuries, One Looter Arrested in Redwood Complex Fire
- Mendocino Sheriff Declares State of Emergency, Approximately 10,000 Acres Burned, 0% Containment, Approximately 80 Structures Gone
- Evacuation Information (Including Map) for the Redwood Complex in Mendocino