Sheriff’s Office Gives Details About Yesterday’s Marijuana Robbery
Press release from the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office:
On 09-24-17 a local Garberville man met with two males at the Sherwood Forest Motel to complete the sale of a large amount of marijuana. The victim’s friend had met the two suspects in Arcata and had set up the transaction. While in the motel room one of the suspects pulled a handgun out and took the marijuana. The victim and his friend had their hands zip tied behind their back and the suspects left the scene with the marijuana. The victim was able to quickly get free and chased the suspects from the motel in his vehicle. The suspects turned southbound on Redwood Drive and entered the turnaround at the south end of town. The victim drove the wrong way onto the northbound off ramp to Garberville and the vehicles collided head on. The suspect vehicle then took off headed northbound on Redwood Drive with the victim again chasing them. Witnesses state the vehicles were traveling between 80-100 mph on Redwood Drive through downtown Garberville. The suspects continued northbound onto Highway 101 as the victim pulled up beside them. The passenger pointed the handgun at the victim who dove down in his seat. At this point it is unclear what happened but the victim thinks he may have clipped the suspect vehicle. Both vehicles ended up crashing and becoming disabled. The victim last saw the suspects running westbound from Highway 101 carrying two large duffel bags. The Sheriff’s Office, CHP and a Fortuna PD K-9 searched the area but were unable to locate the suspects.
The suspects are described as African American, 5’ 7” to 6’ 0” tall, 225 to 250 pounds, in their 30s, both wearing all black. Witnesses have described the suspects as “stocky”.
Through ongoing investigation video surveillance was located of the suspects at a local establishment.
The Sheriff’s Office is asking for the help of the public locating these suspects. They should be considered armed and dangerous. It appears the suspects are from out of the area and will most likely be looking for transportation out of the area. If the suspects are seen call 911 immediately and do not attempt to make contact with them.
- Report From Garberville of a Man Carrying Firearm and Covered With Blood
- Man Struck With Firearm and Thrown Over Balcony of Motel While Allegedly Attempting to Sell Marijuana
- Driver With Firearm Flees Accident: Crash Possibly Involving Two Suspects That Allegedly Threw Man Off Balcony in Garberville Yesterday
- ‘Don’t Pick Up Hitchhikers,’ Warns Lt. Fridley of the Sheriff’s Office After Traffic Collision Leaves Suspect Vehicle Damaged
- Sheriff’s Department Releases Images of Men Suspected of Being Involved in Two Marijuana Robberies This Weekend
- Victim of Yesterday’s Robbery in SoHum Gives Details