Cannabis Business Workshop Being Held by County Next Monday
On Monday, Oct. 2 beginning at 5:30 pm, Supervisor Estelle Fennell and the Humboldt County Planning and Building Department will be hosting a public workshop on the proposed county’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance (CCLUO), and the associated Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR).
A sampling of the principal changes to county code being considered in the ordinance include:
- Repeal of the current permit application deadline (Dec. 31, 2016) to allow for submittal of applications for commercial cannabis activities, including cultivation
- Broadening the scope of the current regulations to encompass commercial cannabis activities for recreational users authorized under the recent passage of the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA)
- Providing for a greater diversity of areas where cannabis cultivation will be allowed to expand or occur
- Developing performance standards for controlling odor and other impacts from cannabis activities
- Special requirements/limitations for projects located within spheres of influence or community areas
This workshop is sponsored in part by the Humboldt County Growers Alliance. The draft ordinance being reviewed at the workshop and the DEIR is at the Garberville, Eureka and Willow Creek libraries, and on the county’s website.
In the matter of Proposed Amendments to Humboldt County Code Regulating Commercial Cannabis Activities
DATE: Monday, Oct. 2, 5:30 – 8 pm
LOCATION: Redwood Playhouse