Second Warrant Issued in China Creek Area Shooting
A warrant has been issued for a second suspect in the shooting of a man during a marijuana-related robbery in the China Creek area of Southern Humboldt on August 30.
The victim had met with potential purchasers at the intersection of Briceland Road and China Creek Road when the suspects attempted to flee with the marijuana without paying. When the victim attempted to stop them, one of them pulled out a firearm and shot him. The victim received life-threatening wounds and was flown to an out of the area hospital for treatment.
“Detectives are currently working on identifying the third suspect which will hopefully lead to another warrant,” Lt. Kenny Swithenbank of the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office said.
- Life Flight Called for After Gunshot Victim Brought to Garberville Hospital; Sheriff’s Looking for Three Suspects
- Sheriff’s Office Describes Three Suspects Sought in China Creek Area Shooting
- Stills From Surveillance Video of the Alleged Suspects in China Creek Shooting
- South Carolina Rapper Arrested for Charges Related to Shooting During Sale of Marijuana in China Creek
- Sheriff’s Office Releases More Information on Man Arrested in Relation to the China Creek Shooting