Humboldt Man Sentenced to 52 years to Life in Prison for Shooting Another Man in the Heart
Billy Joe Giddings was convicted this June of shooting Trevor Harrison in 2015. Today, he was sentenced.
Press release from the District Attorney’s Office:
Today, District Attorney Maggie Fleming announced that Humboldt County Superior Court Judge Dale Reinholtsen sentenced 38-year-old Billy Joe Giddings to 52 years to life in prison; Mr. Giddings must serve 52 years before he will be eligible for parole. On June 27, 2017, a Humboldt County jury found Giddings guilty of the second degree murder of Trevor Harrison, with the special allegation of use of a firearm causing death, and four counts of assault with a semi-automatic firearm.
- Breaking News: Gunshot Victim Possible Fatality
- Home Invasion Robbery Turns Fatal
- Suspect Arrested in Saturday’s Homicide, Details on Case Revealed
- Homicide Victim Named
- Photo Released Of Suspect Arrested In Saturday’s Homicide
- Two Suspects Arrested in Saturday’s Homicide