Justice for Josiah Gathering Keeps Arcata Lively Tonight; Another Protest Called for Tomorrow
Tonight a number of protestors marched through Arcata and gathered at the Arcata Plaza calling for Justice for Josiah. David Josiah Lawson, a Humboldt State University student, was fatally stabbed at a party in April. Today, the man arrested for his stabbing, Kyle Zoellner, was set free after a judge determined that the preliminary hearing offered insufficient evidence to hold him.
Above can be seen a video sent in from a reader about 9:30 p.m. shows demonstrators marching up G Street. But, a live video from the Plaza taken about 10:45 p.m shows a passionate crowd taping signs on McKinley’s statue and calling for “Justice for Josiah.” Speakers urge the crowd to contact the Humboldt County District Attorney and request the investigation continue. A smattering of “Black Lives Matter” and “Justice for Josiah” signs can be seen throughout the crowd and taped on McKinley.
Social media indicates that another protest is being called for the Arcata Farmer’s Market tomorrow at 10 a.m.
- 19-Year-Old HSU Student Dies After Stabbing in Arcata Early This Morning
- 23-Year-Old McKinleyville Resident Arrested in Connection with HSU Student’s Stabbing Death
- HSU Offers Students Who Witnessed Stabbing Death Amnesty for Breaking School Rules; Asks Cooperation With Police
- Arcata Police Not Releasing Photo of Suspect in Stabbing Death for Now
- APD Received Anonymous Email About Fatal Stabbing; Pleads With Writer to Come Forward
- Celebration of the Life of Stabbing Victim Will be Held at Humboldt State University Today; Racial Bias Alleged to Have Led to Death
- Hundreds Mourn Slain HSU Student at Thursday Vigil
- Uncle of Fatal Stabbing Suspect Writes Letter to the Editor Urging Community Re-examine Public Statements Made in the Case
- Family of Arcata Stabbing Suspect Claims the Real Killer Has Not Been Caught (Includes Timeline of Events as Presented in Public Statements by Those at the Party)
- HSU and Arcata Police Issue Statements Following Release of Kyle Zoellner in the Stabbing Death of David Josiah Lawson
- District Attorney’s Office Issues Statement as Defendant in Racially Charged Case Released
- Family of Kyle Zoellner Who Was Released Today in Stabbing Death Issues Statement to Family and Friends of Victim