A (Mostly) Sunny Sunday’s Rough Road Report
Below is what we know about them at this point. As more information comes in, we’ll update in blue.
- HWY 1: Closed in both direction just west of Leggett. (See here for more info.)
- Hwy 3: Open
- Hwy 36: Open
- Hwy 96:
- According to Caltrans, “SR 96 is reduced to one lane with traffic control at Cade Mountain (Siskiyou CO) due to a slip-out. Motorists should expect delay. Conditions subject to change.”
- Hwy 101:
- 101 is currently open near Piercy where traffic had been detoured onto 271 because of a slide. (Last night the slide was came into the roadway and there was an accident. Please be careful driving in the area. If the road closes, we’ll do our best to bring you that information.)
- Hwy 199: Open
- Hwy 211: Open (Check out the Fernbridge live cam)
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants): Closed from Holmes Flat to Barkdull Road.
- Hwy 255: Open
- Hwy 271: Open
- HWY 299: Mostly clear. However, the large slide at Big French Creek is still blocking east/west travel. New info from Caltrans:
…plan is to keep the road OPEN daily, starting on Sunday, Feb 12, 2017, through Wednesday, Feb 15, as follows:
5:30 am – 7:30 am OPEN
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm OPEN
6:30 pm overnight to 5:30 am OPEN
Please remember: RAIN changes the plan.
Humboldt County Roads:Here’s what we know. As we learn details, we will add the information below.
- Alderpoint Road one lane at PM 30.33 and PM 34.79
- Benbow Drive Closed
- Bell Springs Road–open but not passable by trucks with trailers.
- Coffee Creek Road closed
- Drake Hill Rd at PM 0.75 Closed for AT&T work thru the evening
- East Branch Road in Benbow one way controlled traffic.
- Eel River Drive closed at mile marker 1.
- Eel Rock Rd. – 1 Lane Controlled traffic at PM 2.7
- Ettersburg–still open but ugly
- Hidden Court closed
- Kings Peak road closed at mile marker 7
- Landergen Road closed
- Mattole Rd
- 1 way control due to flooding at PM 11.13 and PM 5.0
- Closed at mile marker 11.13 starting Monday for part of the day (see here for more information)
- Meridian between Port Kenyon and Centerville Closed
- McCann’s boat operations have been suspended
- Mosswood Lane closed
- Nunnemaker Rd at Eel Rock Rd. Closed- Slide/Slipout
- Oakcrest closed
- Old Arcata Road between Graham and Jacoby Creek Flooded
- Old Briceland Road closed at mm 2.3
- Port Kenyon closed
- Salmon Creek Road closed at 0.56mm detour 101 or Maple Hills Road
- Shively Road 1 lane controlled traffic at 3.56mm and 7.00mm.
- Stagecoach Rd. – PM 1.00 Closed
- Wilder Ridge Road closed at Landergen Road indefinitely no alternate route.