[UPDATE 5:25 p.m.] Friday: Roads and Weather (From Mudslides to Flooding)
Still, several rivers and creeks are at flood stage. Check out this interactive map on rivers where you can see predictions and measurements.
Below is what we know about the battered roads in our area at this point but there are more issues that we haven’t confirmed. As more information comes in, we’ll update in blue.
- HWY 1: Closed in both direction just west of Leggett. (See here for more info.) Here’s why:
- Hwy 3: Clear
- Hwy 36:
- Open as of 7:10 a.m.
- Hwy 96:
- According to Caltrans, “SR 96 is reduced to one lane with traffic control at Cade Mountain (Siskiyou CO) due to a slip-out. Motorists should expect delay. Conditions subject to change.”
- Now open 3 miles east of Seiad in Siskyou County. I was closed because of flooding.’
- Hwy 101:
- Closed thru the weekend. Detour near Mendocino line through Route 271.
- Hwy 199: Clear
- Hwy 211: Clear (Check out the Fernbridge live cam)
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants):
- Closed from Holmes Flat to Barkdull Road.
- Hwy 271: now closed (See here for more info)
- HWY 299: Mostly clear. However, the large slide at Big French Creek is still blocking east/west travel. New info from Caltrans:
TODAY – February 10, 2017
— 4:30 to 6:30 pm – One way traffic control with short delays
— 6:30 pm to 5 am – One way traffic control, up to one hour delays.
TOMORROW – February 11, 2017
— 5:30 to 7:30 am – One way traffic control with short delays
Humboldt County Roads:
Here’s what we know. As we learn details, we will add the information below.
- Alderpoint Road one lane at PM 30.33 and PM 34.79
- Benbow Drive Closed
- Bell Springs Road–open but not passable by trucks with trailers.
- Berta Road flooded
- Briceland Thorn Road at
- Huckleberry Hill 1 lane controlled traffic
- Cannibal Island -Flooded
- Coffee Creek Road closed
- Drake Hill Rd at PM 0.75 Closed for AT&T work thru the evening
- East Branch Road in Benbow one way controlled traffic. Here’s why (Video taken Wednesday by Triniti Ponnay):
- Eel River Drive closed at mile marker 1.
- Eel Rock Rd. – 1 Lane Controlled traffic at PM 2.7
- Fullmore Rd. Closed due to flooding
- Hookton Rd. open but slippery
- Howard Heights Flooded
- Hidden Court closed
- Kimtu Road (west of Garberville) no longer flooded but muddy.
- Kings Peak road closed at mile marker 7
- Landergen Road closed
- Mattole Rd
- 1 way control due to flooding at PM 11.13 and PM 5.0
- Closed at mile marker 11.13 starting Monday for part of the day (see here for more information)
- Meridian between Port Kenyon and Centerville Closed
- McCann’s boat operations have been suspended
- Mosswood Lane closed
- Nunnemaker Rd at Eel Rock Rd. Closed- Slide/Slipout
- Oakcrest closed
- Old Arcata Road between Graham and Jacoby Creek Flooded
- Old Briceland Road closed at mm 2.3
- Port Kenyon closed
- Redwood Drive by the Bluffs open but PLEASE SLOW DOWN.
- Salmon Creek Road closed at 0.56mm detour 101 or Maple Hills Road
- Shively Road 1 lane controlled traffic at 3.56mm and 7.00mm.
- Stagecoach Rd. – PM 1.00 Closed
- Wilder Ridge Road closed at Landergen Road indefinitely no alternate route. Here’s a tweet from a local surveyor showing why:
— Ronald Garton (@surveyoron) February 9, 2017
Mendocino County Roads:
The Mendocino Voice has information here.
Trinity County Roads:
We have limited information but this is what we know.
- Van Duzen Road: Should reopen this afternoon but Trinity County Dept of Transportation reports, this is “weather and river dependent.”