Roads Conditions for Thursday
Sunshine is pouring down on the Emerald Counties today, rivers are receding but the roads are still a bit ugly.
Here’s what we know.
- HWY 1: Closed west of Leggett with no estimated time of reopening.
- Hwy 3: Open
- Hwy 36: Open
- Hwy 96: According to Caltrans, “96 is open to one way traffic 13 miles west of Happy Camp, Siskyou County – due to a slide – motorists should expect delay”
- Hwy 101: Open
- Hwy 199: Open
- Hwy 211: Open
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants): Closed from Myres Rd to Burlington State Park to open at 4:30pm Jan 13, 201
- HWY 299:The large slide at Big French Creek is still blocking east/west travel.
Humboldt County Roads: (Plus some from Mendocino)
As we learn details, we will add the information below.
- Bald Hills – open carry chains
- Benbow Drive-Closed at mile marker 3.4 near Fish Canyon Road
- Camp Weott -closed
- Cannibal Road – Flooded
- Dillon Rd – closed between Riverside and Goble Lane, flooded
- Goble Lane – closed from Fulmore to Hwy 211
- Kings Peak Road-closed north of Horse Mountain Campground and south of the the King Peak Rd and King Range Rd junction due to a failing culvert.(Per BLM Ranger)
- Kings Range Road: Passable but or small landslide north of the King Peak Rd and King Range Rd junction.
- Maple Creek Road at slide- 1 lane traffic open
- Meridian Road – closed
- Old Briceland Road–Closed at mile marker 2.3 (But they are working on it and it will likely open this evening, according to Denton Carrick.)
- Port Kenyon – closed, flooded