Gap Fire Pushed Further South Prompting More Evacuations
The fire has swallowed an estimated 23,896 acres and is only 25% contained. Hwy 96 may be closed at times. “While the road is currently open, temporary hard closures are likely as crews respond to events like this,” according to the US Forest Service Inciweb.
According to the US Forest Service Inciweb,
· There will be a public meeting this afternoon, September 4, at the Seiad Valley Fire Department at 4:00 p.m.
· Mandatory evacuations remain in place this morning for both sides of Highway 96 between Scott River Road and Walker Gulch including Hamburg.
· Mandatory evacuations remain for residences on Ladd Road west from Hick’s Gulch to Walker Gulch on the north side of the Klamath River.
· The hard closure for Highway 96 between Scott River Road and Walker Gulch including Hamburg has been lifted but motorists should expect ongoing temporary closures along Highway 96.
· Advisory evacuations remain issued for residents along Highway 96 west from Walker Gulch; including the community of Seiad Valley, and along the Seiad Creek Road from Seiad Valley to Panther Gulch.
· Scott Bar remains under an evacuation advisory.