[FOUND] Be On the Lookout: 2005 Mazda Tribute Taken After Keys Nabbed From Counter of Redway Shell
Here’s the latest post in LoCO‘s “Be On the Lookout” series, where we highlight stolen items and ask you to help by reporting any sighting to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
UPDATE 9:21 p.m.: The owner contacted us and said that the vehicle had been found out towards Honeydew.
Original post: The thief lifted the keys to this dark red 2005 Mazda Tribute off the counter of the Redway Shell Station as the owner of the car worked stocking shelves about 2:30 p.m. on December 9.
According to security video seen by the owner, the thief is believed to have wandered around the store for several minutes after taking the keys, careful to keep as much out of sight of the security camera as possible before he walked out the door and stole the car.
The gas station manager explained that she has not had time to view the video and get any relevant photos to law enforcement. We’ll try to update with an image when it becomes available if possible.
Below is a photo of the car which is now missing the front chrome piece. The Idaho license plate number is 8b ex984.
Let’s try and get this back to her, folks. She can’t work without the vehicle. If you see this car or have any information about it, please contact the California Highway Patrol at 707-268-2000.
- [FOUND]Be on the Lookout: Customer Vehicle Stolen from Arcata Repair Shop; Reward Offered
- Be On the Lookout: Guitar Stolen from Green Room at the Mateel
- Be On the Lookout: Yikes! Stolen Bikes
- [FOUND! Owner Relates Recovery] Be On the Lookout: Yeep! Stolen Jeep With Brake Issues
- Be On the Lookout: Goldilocks Took More Than Porridge, She Took a Shotgun
- Be On the Lookout: “Very Lifted” 2004 Ford F250 Taken
- Be On the Lookout: Kidnapped Woman’s Bike Sorely Missed by Male Partner Bike
- BE ON THE LOOKOUT: Single Mom’s Honda & Xmas Shopping Stolen in Eureka Right Before Rainageddon