Autopsy Confirms Second Victim in Rancho Sequoia Died of Gunshot Wound
Humboldt County Deputy Coroner Charles Van Buskirk confirmed today that Scott William Johnson age 57 from the Alderpoint area, the victim of the second homicide in that community this week, died of a gunshot wound. Buskirk said Johnson was found dead July 22 at 12:11 a.m.
According to Buskirk, “The investigators believe that the [gunshot wound] will be useful in confirming or refuting the stories of involved parties.”
Scanner traffic from 9:51 p.m. Monday night, has a dispatcher (listen here) describing reports of gunshots that are believed to have resulted in Johnson’s death.
At 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, Matthew Brown who is a suspect in the shooting death last Friday of another Alderpoint resident, Neil Eugene Decker, was arrested.
- Report of Gunshot Wound to the Chest in Alderpoint Area
- Homicide in Alderpoint; Sheriff’s Office, Department of Justice Hunting for Suspect
- (UPDATING) Another Shooting in Rancho Sequoia Area
- [Victim Named] Suspect Named in Friday’s Homicide/ Extra Deputies Assigned to Southern Humboldt Today
- Suspect in Rancho Sequoia Homicide in Custody
- Victim Named in Monday’s Rancho Sequoia Homicide