Homicide Suspect Ben Carter Returned to Humboldt County Jail
Yesterday evening, Benjamin Jasper Carter (age 33) was booked into the Humboldt County jail. Carter was wanted in connection with the shooting death of Zachery Chapman on April 16. After being on the run for several weeks, Carter was located in Lake Havasu, Arizona by the U.S. Marshals Service, with the help of the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office.
Carter was arrested on May 12. He was extradited back to Humboldt County where he was booked on an arrest warrant for murder and arson. A bail amount of $1,250,000 was set.
- Law Enforcement Looking for Homicide Suspect in Southern Humboldt
- (UPDATE) Wanted for Questioning in Homicide: Benjamin Carter
- Body Reportedly Found West of Garberville
- Southern Humboldt Homicide Story Clarified by HCSO
- $1.25 Million Arrest Warrant Bail Set for SoHum Homicide Suspect
- Homicide Suspect on the Run Gives the Outpost His Side of the Story
- [UPDATED w/Information About Arrest—Found at Residence of Former SoHum Woman] Homicide Suspect Ben Carter Arrested in Arizona
- US Marshals Say Homicide Suspect Benjamin Carter Member of White Supremacy Gang