Juicy Tidbits–Answers to Questions about Juicing Cannabis
I recently spoke with Dr. William Courtney for an article on juicing raw cannabis to obtain access to CBD, the cannabinoid found useful for reducing inflammation, cancer and nausea. Some of you had some questions for him. Since it will awhile until the article comes out, here are the bare bones answers. The rest should be in the High Times Medical Marijuana magazine soon. I’ll post a link when it comes out.
- What part of the plant should be used for juicing? Leaves and buds
- When is the right age to harvest for juicing? They are best–have the most CBD’s– between 70-90 days after sowing ; after that they rapidly gain in THC.
- Can drinking raw leaves juiced cause one to test positive for marijuana? Yes
- How often should the juice be ingested? At least 5 times per day. No more than 3 hours apart for maximum benefit.
- Should it be diluted? Yes, 10 parts fruit/vegi juice or water to 1 part cannabis juice.
- Where can you go to learn more about the Science behind the practice. Check out Leaves of Grass.info.