‘Busy in the Field’: Humboldt County Marijuana Eradication Team Has Conducted at Least Ten Raids So Far This Year
With the COVID Crisis, the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office hasn’t been as quick as in years past to issue statements on marijuana raids. Still, a number of press releases have been issued and we’ve listed those below.
With the help of Samantha Karges, the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer, we have gathered a little more information on additional law enforcement actions on which a press releases haven’t been issued so far. She told us the team has “been busy in the field” and hasn’t been able to get her details on everything. But we’ve added what she has been able to tell us.
Known Humboldt County Marijuana Enforcement Actions So Far in 2020:
- On Monday, April 27: Marijuana Enforcement Team (MET) Served Search Warrant in the Mattole Road Area
- On Wednesday, April 29: Indoor Grow Raided Today
- On Thursday, April 30: Marijuana Enforcement Team Served Search Warrant in Garberville Yesterday
- On Friday, May 8: 878 Plants Eradicated in Redway Bust
- On Monday, May 11: Over 17,000 Plants Eradicated at Miranda Property Today, Says Sheriff’s Office
- On Tuesday, May 12: There wasn’t a press release but our request, Karges was able to gather some details for us. She told us,
…[D]eputies with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Marijuana Enforcement Team (MET) served two search warrants to investigate illegal cannabis cultivation in the Cathy’s Peak area of Honeydew. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife assisted in the service of the warrant.
Two parcels were investigated during the service of the warrants. The parcels did not possess the required county permit and state license to cultivate cannabis commercially.
During the service of the warrants, deputies eradicated approximately 2,000 growing cannabis plants.
Additional violations with civil fines are expected to be filed by the assisting agencies.
No arrests were made during the service of the warrant. The case will be forwarded to the DA’s Office for review.
- On Wednesday, May 13: Citizens’ Complaints Lead to Marijuana Bust on Wilder Ridge, Says Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office
- On May 14, Karges said a search warrant was served in the Dinsmore area. At this point we haven’t received information on what MET discovered.
- On Friday, May 15: Over 14,000 Plants and Nearly 2000 Pounds of Marijuana Found at Salmon Creek Grow, Says HCSO MET Team
- On May 20, Karges confirmed that there were search warrants served in Southern Humboldt but she hadn’t been able to gather details as of late last week. We have reports that at least one warrant was served in the Weott area.