Four New Positive Cases, Two Cases Now Associated With an Assisted Living Facility
Press release from Humboldt County COVID19 – Joint Information Center:
Humboldt County Public Health confirmed four new cases of COVID-19, bringing to 61 the total number of Humboldt County residents confirmed to have the virus.
One resident and one staff person at the Alder Bay Assisted Living Facility in Eureka tested positive for COVID-19 this weekend, one of which was reported in Saturday’s daily test results. Three close contacts of the staff person also tested positive for the virus. None of these close contacts are associated with the facility.
Following confirmation that a staff person tested positive, all other residents and all but two staff members were tested for the virus. All came back negative, and the two remaining staff members will be tested. Public Health will continue to monitor everyone at the facility for at least the next 14 days, and will conduct follow-up testing during that time.
Humboldt County Health Officer Dr. Teresa Frankovich said, “The quick response of Alder Bay, the Public Health investigation team and Public Health Laboratory staff enabled us to ensure that any additional cases would be identified, which increases safety for everyone.”
“Alder Bay has been extremely cooperative in assisting with the process, and I’m appreciative of the director and staff who are working to keep residents protected,” Frankovich said.
Alder Bay Assisted Living Administrator Mark Stephenson thanked Public Health staff for their response. Stephenson said, “The entire team at Public Health has been phenomenal in their responsiveness and their kindness.”—
otal new positive cases confirmed on May 11: 4
Daily COVID-19 case report for May 11
- Total number of confirmed cases: 61
- Total number of hospitalizations: 6
- Total number of recovered cases: 57
Transmission information for all known cases
- Contact to a Known Case: 28
- Travel-Acquired: 20
- Community Transmission: 11
- Under Investigation: 2
Total number of people tested by Public Health Laboratory: 2,046
Total number of people tested by all other sources: 1,177
(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, California Department of Public Health and commercial labs)
After receiving additional supplies, the Public Health Laboratory currently has a capacity of approximately 1,500 tests and can process about 65 samples a day with an approximate turnaround time of 48 to 72 hours.
Redheaded Blackbelt’s most recent stories about COVID-19, click here.
Earlier test results:
- No Positive COVID-19 Tests Today, April 30
- No New COVID-19 Cases in Humboldt on May 1
- No Additional Positive Cases of COVID-19 were confirmed today
- Zero New Positive COVID-19 Tests on May 4
- Another Day With No New Positive COVID 19 Tests
- One New COVID Case in Humboldt on May 6
- No Additional Positive Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed May 7
- No Additional Positive Cases Confirmed Today, May 8
- Two New Positive COVID-19 Tests in Humboldt on May 9
- Four New Positive Cases, Two Cases Now Associated With an Assisted Living Facility
- An Error Reported in Saturday and Monday’s Daily Test Results