Mayor Susan Seaman Reminds the Community of the World Health Organization’s Requests for the Community During the Pandemic
Information from Eureka Mayor Susan Seaman:
Hi! I’m Mayor Susan Seaman. As I’ve mentioned in my previous communications, the City of Eureka is working diligently to support the health and well-being of our citizens, our community, and our economy during the COVID-19 pandemic. As we change our daily routines and wait for new direction, it is easy to get tempted into complacency. I wanted to take a moment to share some basic but essential tips and reminders from the World Health Organization that will help keep us all safe and provide an opportunity for this virus to pass as quickly as possible.
The World Health Organization has prioritized and asked us to remember five easy tasks.
So, what are they?
1. Make sure to keep washing your hands frequently with soap and water or a solution with at least a 60% alcohol base.
2. Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue. If you use a tissue, dispose of it immediately and then wash your hands.
3. Avoid touching your face, especially your nose and mouth, to prevent the virus from entering your body.
4. If you’re out in public, practice social distancing: stay six feet or more away from others, and please don’t attend gatherings.
5. Stay home if you can. If you are a non-essential worker the best thing you can do for your friends and neighbors is to shelter in place. Especially if you are not feeling well, please stay home. If you feel unwell and your symptoms are mild, self-isolate for 14 days. If you feel like you need to see a doctor, call ahead to the emergency room. They’ll provide instructions to limit exposure to other patients and to healthcare workers.
These five simple actions can provide tremendous community benefit. Please join me in getting the word out and share the World Health Organizations “Do the Five” reminders on your social media accounts and with your family and friends.
As always, thanks for listening. Stay safe and know that we will get through this together.