Cash, Cannabis, and Multiple Butane Honey Oil Labs Found at the Old Pulp Mill Site in Samoa Yesterday
This is a press release from the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office. The information has not been proven in a court of law and any individuals described should be presumed innocent until proven guilty:
On Jan. 10, 2019, deputies with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) served a search warrant to investigate illegal cannabis cultivation and extraction at a property on the 900 block of Vance Avenue in Samoa. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Humboldt County Environmental Health and HAZMAT Unit and the Humboldt County Planning and Building Department assisted in the service of the warrant.
The parcel investigated during the service of the warrant did not possess the required county permit and state license to cultivate or extract cannabis commercially.
During the service of the warrant, deputies located a substantial indoor cannabis cultivation operation and multiple butane honey oil (BHO) labs. Deputies eradicated approximately 991 growing cannabis plants. Deputies seized and destroyed approximately 8,479 pounds of cannabis trim, approximately 277 pounds of cannabis bud and approximately 26.5 pounds of concentrated cannabis (BHO). Deputies also located and seized over $13,000 in cash.
Assisting agencies found the following violations:
- Failure to submit a Hazardous Materials Business Plan (up to $5,000 fine per day, per violation)
- Unauthorized storage of hazardous waste (up to $70,000 fine per day, per violation)
- Failure to prevent a hazardous waste release (up to $70,000 fine per day, per violation)
- Failure to make a hazardous waste determination (up to $70,000 fine per day, per violation)
- No EPA ID number (up to $70,000 fine per day, per violation)
- Mismanagement of lead acid batteries (up to $70,000 fine per day, per violation)
- Unpermitted cannabis operations
- Development within coastal zone without permit(s)
- Building/property use or operation in violation of zoning code
- Construction of building/structure in violation of building, plumbing and/or electrical codes
Additional violations with civil fines are expected to be filed by the assisting agencies.
Phillip Morgan Likos, 36, was arrested and booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility on charges of manufacturing a controlled substance.
This case is still under investigation. Additional arrests are anticipated.
- Possible Hash Lab Located Near Old Pulp Mill Across From Eureka
- Multiple People Detained After Raid on Illegal Hash Lab at Old Pulp Mill Site