Mendocino Releases Code Enforcement Summary
Press release from the County of Mendocino:
Summary of All Code Enforcement Activity for Calendar Year 2018
- The Code Enforcement Division received 603 complaints for the year 2018
- 310 complaints were for General Code Violations not related to Cannabis:
- 137 general code complaints were in the coastal area (Coast area from the Sonoma County line to Usal to approximately 10 miles inland).
- 173 complaints were in the inland balance of the County.
- 293 complaints were for Cannabis related issues:
- 185 Cannabis Complaints were related to 147 locations not in the County Cannabis Permit Program.
- 108 Cannabis Complaints related to 49 locations were in the County Cannabis Permit Program (less than 5% of all Applicant sites).
- 32 Cannabis Complaints were referred to Law Enforcement due to alleged Criminal Activity.
- 15,425 Cannabis Plants in violation of the County Cannabis Cultivation Ordinance were removed by the property owner/violator after Code Enforcement Response to complaints.
2. The Code Enforcement Division issued 53 Administrative Citations in 2018:
- 25 of those citations were related to violations of the County Cannabis Cultivation Ordinance.
- 28 of those citations were related to General County Code Violations, such as non-permitted building and zoning violations.
- $45,198 in fines have been collected on these citations and there is approximately $250,000 in outstanding fines to be collected.
- 2 lawsuits have been filed to obtain judgements for outstanding fines and more are being prepared now.
3. The Code Enforcement Division issued 150 Notices of Violation in 2018; 50 of those were related to violations associated with Cannabis Cultivation.