[UPDATE 9:22 p.m.] Family Displaced as Structure Burns in Hayfork

Firefighters battle flames in a Hayfork residence.

Firefighters battle flames in a Hayfork residence. [Photos by
Heidi Dawson-Graham]

A garage fire which swept into damaged the attached residence in the 100 block of Pine Street in Hayfork has left three adults and two children [at least temporarily] homeless, according to scanner traffic. As of about 7:15 p.m., the Red Cross is being asked to assist the family.

A firefighter directs a stream of water at the burning home.

A firefighter directs a stream of water at the burning home. [Crop of a photo by
Heidi Dawson-Graham]

Please remember that information gathered from initial reports is subject to revision as more facts become available.

UPDATE 7:46 p.m.: Heidi Dawson-Graham, who sent in the earlier photos said that the father of the house is a firefighter that is currently in Eureka getting training. But fortunately, Dawson-Graham said, “But most of the main house was saved.”

UPDATE 8:42 p.m.: Scanner reports from Hayfork Fire indicate the fire is knocked down and the fire is confined to the garage which may indicate that the smoke was the part that displaced the family and the home is unburned.

UPDATE 9:22 p.m.: Heidi Dawson-Graham agreed that the fire started in the garage. However, she thought the fire might have damaged the house. “[Y]ou could see smoke coming out of the left side of the house as well as the stovepipe,” she said. “The firefighters were able to get up on the roof of the house to access it…But I did not see any flame coming from the house itself…”

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestmail

15 comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *