Three Reportedly Transported by Ambulance From South Fork High School After Pot Brownies Were Distributed by Student
This morning, three students at South Fork High School were transported by ambulance after overdosing on marijuana brownies. Samantha Karges, Public Information Specialist for the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office would only say, “We did respond to South Fork High School at about 11 a.m. for the report of a possible Health and Safety Code violation. Due to this case involving minors, we are going to defer to the school district for comment.”
Multiple accounts from students report that a sophomore boy is alleged to have brought marijuana brownies to school and distributed them to multiple other students. Several students reported that one girl had a seizure in the bathroom and injured her head. Another girl vomited in the hallway. According to reports from people in the area, two ambulances and Miranda Fire responded. Three sophomore girls, including the one who had a seizure and the one who vomited in the hallway were taken to the hospital, according to reports from students.
The sophomore boy was taken away by a deputy, according to one account.
Alicia Pecora, the parent of one freshman at South Fork High School says she is concerned. She says she worries that not enough attention is being paid to marijuana at the school. She said that students who are caught with it shouldn’t do in home suspensions but instead, she said, “Personally, I think, it should be in school suspension–like campus beautification. Don’t just send them home to vacay and smoke some more. Let them pick up trash.” Or she suggested the students could “sit in a desk at the office looking at the wall.”
South Fork High School referred us to the District Office for comment but as of publishing time, we haven’t had a response from them.