Protesters Picket Outside of Courthouse at Marci Kitchen’s Sentencing Hearing
Several in the crowd, which includes teenage friends of Kiya and Faith, were crying as they listened to testimony before the judge which will help him decide on sentencing.
According to Lt. Ernie Stewart of the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office, “A lot of people showed up and we didn’t have enough room.” Stewart said extra deputies were required to handle to the overflow crowd.
Meanwhile, about 10 protestors stood outside holding signs castigating Kitchen while passers-by honked horns or said words of encouragement.
“We just want support for the families,” one of the protesters said. Another added, “She murdered her own baby. She needs to go away for a long time.”
Links to earlier stories:
- Hit and Run: Child Injured in Fortuna
- Two Teenage Girls Killed by Hit and Run Driver
- Witness May Have Seen Vehicle Fleeing Last Night’s Fatal Hit and Run
- Vehicle Involved in Hit and Run Death of Teens Found Near Home of Mother of One of the Teens
- CHP Confirms They’ve Recovered Vehicle Involved in Fatal Hit and Run at One of the Victim’s Residences
- Driver of Vehicle in Tuesday’s Hit and Run Has Contacted Law Enforcement
- A Candlelight Vigil for the Two Young Girls Tragically Killed in a Hit and Run Accident
- Grief Counseling Offered at Fortuna Middle School
- Good Progress’ Learning About Death of Fortuna Teens, Says CHP Spokesperson
- 911 Call Reporting the Hit and Run Which Left Two Girls Dead Last Week; Warning, This Is Graphic Audio
- CHP Asks For Help Finding Two Suspected in Hit and Run Deaths of Two Teenagers
- Suspect’s Attorneys Refute CHP’s Press Release
- Kiya Suzanne Kitchen: Full of Life and Love
- Friends Rally Round Joe Kitchen Whose Daughter Died in Fortuna Hit and Run Accident
- Marci Kitchen Arrested and Made Bail
- Sheriff’s Office Releases Booking Photo and Charges Against Marci Kitchen
- Woman Accused of Killing Her Daughter and Her Daughter’s Friend in DUI Collision Files Claim Against Fortuna for Damages
- Father and Brother of Victim of Fortuna Hit and Run Drop Claim Against City, etc.
- After Surrendering Passport on Monday, Marci Kitchen Approved to Leave State
- ‘Enough’s Enough,’ Joe Kitchen Calls for Community to Pack Courtroom Tomorrow
- A Prayer Walk in Remembrance at the Two Year Anniversary of the Collision Which Killed Faith Tsarnas and Kiya Kitchen
- Two Years After the Hit and Run Deaths of Faith Tsarnas and Kiya Kitchen, Community Members Gather to Pray for Healing and Justice
- Marci Kitchen Expected to Make a Plea Deal by Monday Afternoon, Says Father of Kiya Kitchen
- Marci Kitchen Pleads Guilty to Fatally Striking Her Daughter, Kiya, and Faith Tsarnas While Driving Drunk And Then Fleeing the Scene
- Marci Kitchen Unexpectedly Surrendered Herself to the Humboldt County Jail